NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest pont-toon

hate the lead up to a derby - everyone starts to get tetchy (me included)

its even worse with it being towards the end of a bloody transfer window though

cant wait for chillin september  :pimp:

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Let's just say whether i'm miserable (sometimes) and condescending (never) or just living in the real world (most of the time), i've had enough of the thick kunts running our club into the ground and planks like you telling me basically I shouldn't have this opinion because it differs from your own.

But that wasn't your post. Your post was just a go at others. That's the only thing I'm arguing against. :facepalm:

But what if we've given the keeper a £10m signing-on fee? Have you thought of that? We've got to pay for his entire wage up front these days, and taking into account inflation, and the possible contract length, this keeper could cost us £25m over the length of his contract which we have to pay now and not factor into annual costs. Carroll money = gone

Funnily enough...no, I haven't :mackems:

I think your sarcasm-ometer is broken squire

Err..I was laughing at it ??? Does that not mean I got it? :lol:

I think calling out someone who just needed an excuse to whinge at other supporters has led down the wrong road here. :lol: f*** me...sorry lion...continue to whinge at the fans and not the real reason of your anger.

It's f***ing ridiculous we're in the position we're in...but I've never been in denial about how every f***ing window and every MA season turns out. That's more real world than some who honestly expected Laurel and Hardy to go transfer happy.

Sorry pal, my bad

Miserable, negative, cynical = pragmatic imo.

He's running the club into the ground man.

Yep - I've never been as disheartened as a NUFC fan.

Terrible feeling tbh.

I can think of far worse times. You sound like a bigger spin merchant than your favourite whipping boy Parnocchio. Stop talking bollocks you f***ing Geordie spiv :lol:

you're right there, 85-89 was probably a much worse time, selling the local lads. For some reason, back then although it hurt, the youthful optimism and knowledge that we were never supposed to win anything anyway dulled the pain. The difference now is with some sensible investment, we could compete and make a decent fist of going for a top 6 spot...we just won't invest properly and I can't summon the optimism to believe we will, there's just no track record of it under these owners. Hope i'm proved wrong ultimately.

Let's just say whether i'm miserable (sometimes) and condescending (never) or just living in the real world (most of the time), i've had enough of the thick kunts running our club into the ground and planks like you telling me basically I shouldn't have this opinion because it differs from your own.

But that wasn't your post. Your post was just a go at others. That's the only thing I'm arguing against. :facepalm:

But what if we've given the keeper a £10m signing-on fee? Have you thought of that? We've got to pay for his entire wage up front these days, and taking into account inflation, and the possible contract length, this keeper could cost us £25m over the length of his contract which we have to pay now and not factor into annual costs. Carroll money = gone

Funnily enough...no, I haven't :mackems:

I think your sarcasm-ometer is broken squire

Err..I was laughing at it ??? Does that not mean I got it? :lol:

I think calling out someone who just needed an excuse to whinge at other supporters has led down the wrong road here. :lol: f*** me...sorry lion...continue to whinge at the fans and not the real reason of your anger.

It's f***ing ridiculous we're in the position we're in...but I've never been in denial about how every f***ing window and every MA season turns out. That's more real world than some who honestly expected Laurel and Hardy to go transfer happy.

Arrgh Christ, now you've apologised, I have to feel bad for having a go back...must be the pre-derby tension i'm feeling. I wasn't seriously trying to have a go at our own fans, just frustrated man

I don't like the way the club is being run. I don't trust the manager or the owner or the bloke running the club. I'm not happy about the lack of investment in the playing staff, the lies that Pardew comes out with nor the reluctance to replace key players/positions. I don't like the fact that our best players want to leave because they have far more ambition than the club. I don't like the fact our team has been unable to play together pre-season for numerous admin fuck-ups. I'm annoyed the club hasn't got a recognised LB on the books.

I'm not going to pretend I'm fucking happy that my club is being run into the fucking ground. We're a fucking shambles on and off the park and that is 100% down to Ashley, Llambias and Pardew. If anyone is walking around with a smile on their face when thinking about the state of the club then there's something seriously wrong. It is what it is - a fucking disgraceful state to be in. 

I don't like the way the club is being run. I don't trust the manager or the owner or the bloke running the club. I'm not happy about the lack of investment in the playing staff, the lies that Pardew comes out with nor the reluctance to replace key players/positions. I don't like the fact that our best players want to leave because they have far more ambition than the club. I don't like the fact our team has been unable to play together pre-season for numerous admin fuck-ups. I'm annoyed the club hasn't got a recognised LB on the books.

I'm not going to pretend I'm fucking happy that my club is being run into the fucking ground. We're a fucking shambles on and off the park and that is 100% down to Ashley, Llambias and Pardew. If anyone is walking around with a smile on their face when thinking about the state of the club then there's something seriously wrong. It is what it is - a fucking disgraceful state to be in.   

:clap:

I wouldn't go that far (see bold) but at this moment in time I 100% agree with those other sentiments. Hopefully they'll have been remedied by 1st September and we can march on to a decent first half of the season.

I don't like the way the club is being run. I don't trust the manager or the owner or the bloke running the club. I'm not happy about the lack of investment in the playing staff, the lies that Pardew comes out with nor the reluctance to replace key players/positions. I don't like the fact that our best players want to leave because they have far more ambition than the club. I don't like the fact our team has been unable to play together pre-season for numerous admin f***-ups. I'm annoyed the club hasn't got a recognised LB on the books.

I'm not going to pretend I'm f***ing happy that my club is being run into the f***ing ground. We're a f***ing shambles on and off the park and that is 100% down to Ashley, Llambias and Pardew. If anyone is walking around with a smile on their face when thinking about the state of the club then there's something seriously wrong. It is what it is - a f***ing disgraceful state to be in.   

I wouldn't go that far (see bold) but at this moment in time I 100% agree with those other sentiments. Hopefully they'll have been remedied by 1st September and we can march on to a decent first half of the season.

:thup:

If you are sick of the negativity surrounding the transfer window, then just stop paying attention and ignore it.

Where's the sense in trying to put a positive spin on things that are plainly bad and discouraging?

Works both ways really. We have made some decent signings but two of the better ones are already being dropped out of peoples line ups for the Mackems.

We should have (imo) been in for N'Zogbia and although I agree with Nut that if we spent £20m on Ba, Cabaye and Marveaux people would have been happier I also think that just because we managed to get that value of player in on the cheap it should have given us the push on even more by spending the money we 'saved' on some additional quality, I mean most teams can improve so you should make the most of any opportunities to improve which we could have done drastically by spending on some real quality along with the good players we managed on the cheap.

We've got no LB at all to play, only 3 CB's and Ameobi and Lovenkrands are still getting a game. That represents failure in my opinion. We've had 8 months to scout players, we've had a £35m windfall to strengthen things and we're left in this position.

I hate being negative and would much prefer to be upbeat and bullish about things but I can't call it any other way. :thup:

We've got no LB at all to play, only 3 CB's and Ameobi and Lovenkrands are still getting a game. That represents failure in my opinion. We've had 8 months to scout players, we've had a £35m windfall to strengthen things and we're left in this position.

I hate being negative and would much prefer to be upbeat and bullish about things but I can't call it any other way. :thup:

I totally agree, it's fairly pathetic set of circumstances, I just wouldn't go so far as to say shambles. It's a 3/10 situation rather than a 0/10 situation but I didn't expect much better this summer, nowt has come as a surprise, so maybe I'm a bit more immune to it.

Agree with Midds, I was an Ashley fan until around 3 weeks ago. Not getting a left back in before the season is bad enough, but not getting one in before the biggest away game of the season is ridiculous for the sake of 1 or 2 million.

I don't have a problem with Pardew.  He's in a lose-lose situation but is still coming out of it looking quite well.  The way he stood up for Barton in his post match interview on Saturday was class.

At the end of the day the man is never gonna get a better job in his life, so it's no suprise he's just going along with what Ashley tells him and doesn't walk because of principles.

I don't like the way the club is being run. I don't trust the manager or the owner or the bloke running the club. I'm not happy about the lack of investment in the playing staff, the lies that Pardew comes out with nor the reluctance to replace key players/positions. I don't like the fact that our best players want to leave because they have far more ambition than the club. I don't like the fact our team has been unable to play together pre-season for numerous admin f***-ups. I'm annoyed the club hasn't got a recognised LB on the books.

I'm not going to pretend I'm f***ing happy that my club is being run into the f***ing ground. We're a f***ing shambles on and off the park and that is 100% down to Ashley, Llambias and Pardew. If anyone is walking around with a smile on their face when thinking about the state of the club then there's something seriously wrong. It is what it is - a f***ing disgraceful state to be in.  

Our average league finish since we finished 2nd in 1997 is 11th. In the 70s when people of my dad's generation raved about the likes of McFaul, Moncur, Clark, Green, McDonald, etc. as legends of the club, the average league finish was 14th, and even back in the glory days of the 50s when we were dominating the FA Cup, and had the likes of Milburn, Robledo, Harvey & Mitchell the average league position was 11th as well.

I know we're a "big club" and all that, but the two times we've done much better than the average is when we've thrown more money than normal at it. Shepherd tried keeping this going longer than we could sustain with that mental £50m and crazy wage year in 2005 and we've been paying for it ever since.

We're a mid-table side, like it or lump it, it's where we've been at our peak throughout the last 60 years, and it's where we are now even as it stands without having spent £35m of the Carroll cash. This "left in this position" thing I don't get at all. Sure it would be nice for us to spend £15-20m on a striker, and if we're sitting here at 2am on September 1st without a left-back and striker brought in, again I could respect it.

But I definitely think people have opinions above their stations of where this club should be tbh. I know we've got the 3rd/4th highest gates in the country etc, but if you look in Germany where Cologne have a similar sort of attendance to us, they've been a 11-13th placed team at best, in France PSG have the 3rd or 4th best attendances and it's taken a billionaire takeover to finally transform them from a mid-table side, Napoli have only just re-awoken in Italy, etc.