NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Simpson is playing in the Premier League on a Championship wage. I think he's got every right to ask for his contract to be renegotiated.

Well of course he has. But if we feel that we can get a better player in - and we've got plenty of time to do that - why offer him a longer / bigger contract?

It really all boils down to how much you rate him as a player, and amidst all the wringing of hands I haven't noticed one post that says he's a good player who we need to keep.

Simpson is playing in the Premier League on a Championship wage. I think he's got every right to ask for his contract to be renegotiated.

Well of course he has. But if we feel that we can get a better player in - and we've got plenty of time to do that - why offer him a longer / bigger contract?

It really all boils down to how much you rate him as a player, and amidst all the wringing of hands I haven't noticed one post that says he's a good player who we need to keep.

Has that been the point made by anyone, though? Might have missed it, but most people seem to be worried that we could sell him and then

struggle to replace him with anyone better.

FWIW Danny Kelly (Talksport) was chatting earlier about our game tomorrow and mentioned Liambas had told Alan Brazil (close friends apparently) that we would be signing at least three players before the end of the transfer window.

:dontknow:

FWIW Danny Kelly (Talksport) was chatting earlier about our game tomorrow and mentioned Liambas had told Alan Brazil (close friends apparently) that we would be signing at least three players before the end of the transfer window.

:lol:

I think we should give him a new contract. Obviously not for any kind of money, but yeah. He'll do as a backup for the new fullback you are looking for. To have a squad would be nice like.

:frantic:

That's why Brazil seems to know his stuff when it comes to NUFC. That said, I nearly crashed the car when he said we needed to 'sort the defence out' the year we were in The Championship - and conceding about a goal every two games.

:frantic:

Situ, Remy and Carlton Cole

Has that been the point made by anyone, though? Might have missed it, but most people seem to be worried that we could sell him and then

How much you rate him as a player and how easy it would be to replace him with someone better are inter-related questions, aren't they? We replaced Nolan with someone better so I can't see why we couldn't do the same with Simpson.

How much you rate him as a player and how easy it would be to replace him with someone better are inter-related questions, aren't they? We replaced Nolan with someone better so I can't see why we couldn't do the same with Simpson.

Nice to see somebody with such a sunny outlook at this present moment, but I have to point out that Cabaye has proven nothing here yet, same goes for Ba (Carroll) and whoever comes in to replace Jose. People are rightly concerned about our ability to invest/improve and are equally content with Simpson as our right-back option, from what I can see, so they're naturally skeptical about simply selling him because "we can get better".

I don't think you're necessarily wrong in relation to Simpson (don't really rate him, but still like him), but you do appear to be a bit disconnected from the current climate of things as far as incomings/outgoings are concerned.

Nice to see somebody with such a sunny outlook at this present moment, but I have to point out that Cabaye has proven nothing here yet, same goes for Ba (Carroll) and whoever comes in to replace Jose. People are rightly concerned about our ability to invest/improve and are equally content with Simpson as our right-back option, from what I can see, so they're naturally skeptical about simply selling him because "we can get better".

I don't think you're necessarily wrong in relation to Simpson (don't really rate him, but still like him), but you do appear to be a bit disconnected from the current climate of things as far as incomings/outgoings are concerned.

We are just assuming that Simpson will be sold, that doesn't mean he will be just because we aren't giving him the terms he wants at this point. Cronky's right, there are two years left on his contract. If we wanted to sell him we probably wouldn't have even opened negotiations yet.

I'm not assuming anything, Cronky is suggesting he be sold because he could be quite easily replaced. Most people have taken issue with this last part, based on our current dealings in the market, which is fair enough at this point in time.

Can't make it any clearer than that.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I personally think Tavernier has the potential to be far better than him. Already a far superior athlete

I'm not assuming anything, Cronky is suggesting he be sold because he could be quite easily replaced. Most people have taken issue with this last part, based on our current dealings in the market, which is fair enough at this point in time.

this, basically. also far from certain as of yet that we've replaced Nolan with "a better player", or, more to the point, that we've done enough to replace the leadership and end product that he, despite his limitations, always offered.

I don't think anyone on here particularly rates Simpson, apart from a few mentalists who seem to back up every player no matter how shit. But with this board and owner there's no guarantee we'll replace him a player of better, or even equal, ability. just look at the left-back situation, went into the summer needing a backup LB, ending it not only failing to address that issue but letting the first choice one leave as well!

Cronky said "We don't need to replace him in this window. He's got 2 years left on his contract."

That's what I was agreeing with.

This was the initial post I had replied to, hadn't spoken about anything regarding the one you were agreeing with. Crossed wires? :dontknow: