NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Newcastle want to pair Pieters with £10m Inter Milan youngster

Newcastle and PSV close to agreeing a fee while Pardew wants Santon at right-back

Joey Barton may be on his way out of Newcastle United but it seems the Toon Army may finally have something to cheer.

Newcastle made an improved bid for PSV Eindhoven left-back Erik Pieters yesterday evening and while it is still a little way short of the Dutch club’s £6m estimation, it is believed the two clubs are very close to agreeing a deal.

Pieters would slot right into the vacant slot at left-back following Jose Enrique’s move to Liverpool but Alan Pardew is eyeing another full-back as he looks to bolster the Newcastle defence.

20-year-old Inter Milan defender Davide Santon has been attracting the eyes of a number of Premier League clubs, but it is believed Newcastle are in advanced talks with the Italian club with the view to a £10m move.

Santon was given his Inter debut by Jose Mourinho in the 2009/10 season and injuries to Cristian Chivu and Maicon meant the Italian received his fair share of first-team football.

Shortly after making his debut Santon was given the task of marking Cristiano Ronaldo in a Champions League tie with Manchester United and it was this performance that highlighted his potential.

The Italian has made 40 appearances for Inter Milan over the past three seasons and featured 11 times for Cesena during a loan spell towards the end of last season, and his performances have earned him seven caps for his country.

Both Pieters and Santon would have a huge impact on a Newcastle and a Newcastle back four of Pieters, Santon, Stephen Taylor and Fabricio Coloccini would be expected to perform strongly.

http://news.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/football/premier-league/newcastle-want-to-pair-pieters-with-10-inter-milan-youngster_074054.html

Not sure how reliable this is, but would be great to improve the right back position. Danny is okayish, but if we can get better there why not. Or maybe Danny is getting shipped out too! Contract drama and all that.

Although I agree Simpson isn't more than good, we have sent more than enough players out. If Santon is coming, he should play second fiddle to Simpson in the start, and gradually taking over - if he really is that good.

Aye, we'll definitely spend 10m on a right back. :lol:

:lol:

I don't know!

Mike Ashley is strange.

Seems to like splurging on defenders. Maybe he likes defensive football.

£10m on Colo and £6m on Enrique, are the highest fees he's paid for players I believe.

Although I agree Simpson isn't more than good, we have sent more than enough players out. If Santon is coming, he should play second fiddle to Simpson in the start, and gradually taking over - if he really is that good.

Aye, we'll definitely spend 10m on a backup right back. :lol:

Aye, we'll definitely spend 10m on a right back. :lol:

:lol:

I don't know!

Mike Ashley is strange.

Seems to like splurging on defenders. Maybe he likes defensive football.

£10m on Colo and £6m on Enrique, are the highest fees he's paid for players I believe.

Aye, that was before he realised he'd made a tit of himself buying the club though.

Can't see us buying him, or paying £10m, but either way - the right thing for a 20 year old Italian is for sure not go straight in to the line up. It's not really backup though.

Can't see us buying him, or paying £10m, but either way - the right thing for a 20 year old Italian is for sure not go straight in to the line up. It's not really backup though.

He was starting games at Inter Milan under Mourinho!

If we've got £10m to spend on a player it shouldn't be going on a position currently filled by someone decidedly average when we've got roles currently filled by f***ing nobody.

Santon can play both RB and LB

"advanced talks" sounds fairly "advanced"...it's more than just an enquiry like...problem is though we would try to make profit, what is the maximum return for a right back at our club? Ok Enrique only had a year left, but had it been 3 years would it have been much more than £12mil? £10mil and highish wages are a bit much for an investment signing, even neglecting the fact of who our owner is...

Guest sicko2ndbest

Is this the real Van Aanholt on Twitter? Anyway, it was posted today in reply to one of my girlfriends friends.

PvanAanholt_ Patrick van aanholt

@

@juliegreener would love to mate ... Nufc is a biiig club ... But still a chelsea player

It is mate yeah

He tweeted me back saying you never know!