NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I don't think we'll get a striker in either. 12 months ago we had Shola and Carroll, fair enough Carroll had come on leaps and bounds in the championship but most didn't expect him to get ten goals in the top flight, let alone go for £35m. I just think our board have this belief that somebody else, Best or Ba will step up and do what Carroll did. Which is quite frankly lidicrous, but there we have it.

Shame that Sammy seemed like he's up for it against Scunthorpe. Ashley will probably think he can 'do a Carroll'.

I'm pretty confident a left back will be signed, even the dudds at board level realise (surely) that we'll need one for an entire season's campaign.

Striker I'm far less confident in fact I think we probably won't end up with another one.

I'd say this is true also for the ST position. Neither one of our strikers have exactly "set the world alight" in the three past matches. Despite having an exciting midfield, I struggle to see where the goals are gonna come from at the moment.

I don't think we'll get a striker in either. 12 months ago we had Shola and Carroll, fair enough Carroll had come on leaps and bounds in the championship but most didn't expect him to get ten goals in the top flight, let alone go for £35m. I just think our board have this belief that somebody else, Best or Ba will step up and do what Carroll did. Which is quite frank lidicrous, but there we have it.

Think you're being a bit harsh on Ba.

I don't think we'll get a striker in either. 12 months ago we had Shola and Carroll, fair enough Carroll had come on leaps and bounds in the championship but most didn't expect him to get ten goals in the top flight, let alone go for £35m. I just think our board have this belief that somebody else, Best or Ba will step up and do what Carroll did. Which is quite frank lidicrous, but there we have it.

Think you're being a bit harsh on Ba.

Perhaps. But we don't look like we're ever going to score. Two games into the league, we're finding our feet, i know it could all change within 90 minutes this luchtime. We'll see...

I think Pieters will sign this week and there's a possibility that we might get Maiga in as well. I read somewhere that his club had agreed to release him if they got a replacement in so it's not straightforward but I imagine the Roux deal is a back up in case. I have a feeling though if we don't get Maiga it will be no striker coming in.

Still don't think it's acceptable the way we've gone about things this summer, but it can't be denied that we've had a great start to the season. Get a good left back and a good striker in and we can look upwards.

I'm not sure whether today's result hinders or helps recruitment needs

Surely they can still see that the more games Raylor, Loven and Smith get, the better the chance we'll lose

I'm not sure whether today's result hinders or helps recruitment needs

Surely they can still see that the more games Raylor, Loven and Smith get, the better the chance we'll lose

Today's result is neither here nor there unless you are totally clueless. I would assume there's players ready to be brought in, and if they aren't there will be questions asked.

He trust the two c***s just as much/little as we do. He can't say for sure.

What can be done if we don't get any in? Can something be done? I mean, there's no chance of signing anyone when the window is over anyway, and we have to support the team. I'm getting nervous as f***.

"Derek, Lee & Mike frustrated as well." Fuck right off.