NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

This whole "it's my job to get the board to get them over the line" is worrying. I think he's facing a battle when trying to get them to spend anything at all.

He's facing a losing battle.

As I've said before, I can see Pardew resigning the same time KK did. He's put himself back into the frame for PL manager jobs as he hasn't done too bad with the day-to-day business.

I guess even he is getting really fed up with all this somehow.

I can even see some parallels with the Keegan situation - being Ashley's man, getting promissed signings in January - only getting Kuqi - I won't count an injured Ireland - (in 2008 it was that Diatta or whatever he was called).

Summer - losing key players, failing to resign the key players that were still here and now hoping to get "2 or 3 in". Deja - vu for me.

With the best part of a 5 year contract still to run, I doubt it!

I get the point about the comparison's with KK, but pardew doesnt have the same outspoken personality that KK has and i can see him being a lot more tolerant of ashley's disctatorship at the club...

This whole "it's my job to get the board to get them over the line" is worrying. I think he's facing a battle when trying to get them to spend anything at all.

As I've said before, I can see Pardew resigning the same time KK did. He's put himself back into the frame for PL manager jobs as he hasn't done too bad with the day-to-day business.

I can even see some parallels with the Keegan situation - being Ashley's man, getting promissed signings in January - only getting Kuqi - I won't count an injured Ireland - (in 2008 it was that Diatta or whatever he was called).

Summer - losing key players, failing to resign the key players that were still here and now hoping to get "2 or 3 in". Deja - vu for me.

I get the point about the comparison's with KK, but pardew doesnt have the same outspoken personality that KK has and i can see him being a lot more tolerant of ashley's disctatorship at the club...

Which is why he's still here - in the end he's already been treated worse than Keegan in the summer 2008, where 'only' Milner left and wasn't replaced - as promised. (And Owen didn't get a contract that he wanted)

This time, though, Pardew has already lost Carroll, Nolan, Barton and Enrique - rate them/like them or not, 4 absolute key players of last season (in Carrolls case only half season) and, while Barton and Nolan might have been replaced with new players, a new striker and a new left have yet to be brought in.

Added to that, Marveaux and Cabaye, if you take them as replacements for Barton and Nolan, should have been additions to the squad, not replacements as the squad has been too small last season and, as things stand, will be this season.

Much of what's written above will be true about Pardew if this window turns out to be another total disaster. Not long to wait now to find out!

True. They have still time to turn this transfer window into a good one. Of course, I'm still devestated about the loss of Barton but, getting another 3 (decent, no Kuqi's please) players in and we would have a good transfer window.

All I can see, though, is a left back coming in but no new striker/midfielder. Hope they'll prove me wrong, obviously.

Guest johnson293

Which is why he's still here - in the end he's already been treated worse than Keegan in the summer 2008, where 'only' Milner left and wasn't replaced - as promised. (And Owen didn't get a contract that he wanted)

This time, though, Pardew has already lost Carroll, Nolan, Barton and Enrique - rate them/like them or not, 4 absolute key players of last season (in Carrolls case only half season) and, while Barton and Nolan might have been replaced with new players, a new striker and a new left have yet to be brought in.

Added to that, Marveaux and Cabaye, if you take them as replacements for Barton and Nolan, should have been additions to the squad, not replacements as the squad has been too small last season and, as things stand, will be this season.

But KK didn't just resign over the Milner transfer - his main gripe was not having control over transfers, and Wise and co bringing Xisco and Gonzales in without his say-so.

As has been mentioned a lot on here, part of Pardews remit was allegedly to reduce costs and wages, so he must have known some players might go - particularly high earners. Not syaing its right, but he may have known his 'remit' when he came in.

And as I said, he has over 4 years of a contract left - no-one with any sense, and no certainty of another top flight job is gonna walk away from that.

I think we are all thinking along the same lines, however it has beeen a decent start to the season, and we still have time to get players in, i shall reserve judgement properly until 00:01am on thursday... :pow:

But KK didn't just resign over the Milner transfer - his main gripe was not having control over transfers, and Wise and co bringing Xisco and Gonzales in without his say-so.

As has been mentioned a lot on here, part of Pardews remit was allegedly to reduce costs and wages, so he must have known some players might go - particularly high earners. Not syaing its right, but he may have known his 'remit' when he came in.

And as I said, he has over 4 years of a contract left - no-one with any sense, and no certainty of another top flight job is gonna walk away from that.

Agree that Pardew - almost for sure - knew what could happen in case he took the job. The time he took the job he was far more desperate to get back into the game, though, as he was out of work.

And even if he really knew that (key) players would have to leave - it can get too much to take for him. In the end he's only a human being who has to be honest at least to himself. :lol:

some tosser on Twitter (what a massive mug I am for even posting this)

Pieters deal is done will be at the game today #nufc

:frantic:

What will he do if he's wrong?  Donate a kidney to a dying child?

He might want to go with donating a singular cells, donating whole organs will see him run out very soon.

Looking like no-one will be coming in before Weds, other than a very cheap deal or two (ala Kuqi) as I said yesterday. Another disasterous window with Ashley and Llambias sticking Pardew out to dry, though he is complicit too. :thdn:

Eh? How did you draw those conclusions from those quotes?  :lol:

It's unreal isn't it?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

:lol:

Just me thinking we'll sign a striker and a left back then.

We probably will, it's just better to be negative in preparation :thup:

I don't understand how its 'looking' that we won't bring someone in yet?  Because no-one has came in yet?  Ashley seems to love his deals and brinkmanship and the difference between this week and the rest of the weeks is that the deadline is THIS week.  What would make things 'look' like someone was coming in?  Someone actually coming in?  Don't get that.

Looking at the figures from previous windows, its more likely that a signing will come in the last week/day.

Looking like no-one will be coming in before Weds, other than a very cheap deal or two (ala Kuqi) as I said yesterday. Another disasterous window with Ashley and Llambias sticking Pardew out to dry, though he is complicit too. :thdn:

Eh? How did you draw those conclusions from those quotes?  :lol:

Reading between the lines from what Pardew has said in recent days, and the history of this regime lying to the fans. We were told Pieters would be over the line (and signed by now) Where is he? It's all bullshit man which is being lapped up by the likes of you who will still make excuses come Thursday when Ryan Taylor is our LB.

I can't understand why any club would sell an important squad member right at the end of the transfer window unless talks have been going on for a while and they are desperate/stupid or have a replacement sorted. Hopefully that's the case here

I don't think we'll get a striker in either. 12 months ago we had Shola and Carroll, fair enough Carroll had come on leaps and bounds in the championship but most didn't expect him to get ten goals in the top flight, let alone go for £35m. I just think our board have this belief that somebody else, Best or Ba will step up and do what Carroll did. Which is quite frankly lidicrous, but there we have it.