NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think we need to get into the mindset that we are not going to spend

The excuses will be one of two:

1) We bid for players but it difficult getting them over the line. When you buy a player it is important you buy better than what you have got. We need first team players not players who are going to sit on the bench

or

2) We have dtarted the season well. We have 3 wins and a draw out of 4 games. The team spirit we have here is second to one and if we continue the way we are we will be alright

Guest BooBoo

Ashleys lucked out again as it's a long time between the window closing and our next home game. Enough time for the anger to simmer down a bit.

I'd be lying if I said I was 100% sure we'd get the players in, but I'm still pretty confident, and certainly don't see the need to be as downbeat about it as some of you guys.

But hey ho, I can understand your view too. It's happened too many times before.

That's me as well basically. Previously we've usually said we weren't going to make any more signings, and this time we've clearly got deals in the pipeline. It would be usual form for us to fail to deliver at the final hurdle though.

Ashleys lucked out again as it's a long time between the window closing and our next home game. Enough time for the anger to simmer down a bit.

You're absolutely right but even then I don't think he gives a fuck about our reaction anyway regardless of the timing. He simply doesn't care.

Guest WashyGeordie

I'd be lying if I said I was 100% sure we'd get the players in, but I'm still pretty confident, and certainly don't see the need to be as downbeat about it as some of you guys.

But hey ho, I can understand your view too. It's happened too many times before.

That's me as well basically. Previously we've usually said we weren't going to make any more signings, and this time we've clearly got deals in the pipeline. It would be usual form for us to fail to deliver at the final hurdle though.

The thing is for Wednesday (or last year for that matter) is we don't seem to be panic buying anymore like Sibierski, who alright tbf, he was alright in the end and scored a few, but at the time was seen as a 'joke'. I think we'll have a couple of players lined up already, hopefully a LB and striker, and they will get done before, if not on Wed.

Maybe i'm getting too hopeful though and it'll just be a GK.  :nope:

Guest WashyGeordie

We will be dissapointed but will be glued with expectation

Unless Craig David's getting private emails from Ashley again.  :rolleyes:

Guest BooBoo

I'll never forget that bullshit.

"Hi Craigy! Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy transfer deadline day on Sky. I've sent out some bacon sandwiches for you to enjoy! Cheers, Mike."

I don't think we signed anyone that day, as Ashley put his feet up and watched other clubs do all the deals. Piss taking wanker.

We 'tried' to sign Michael Johnson that window didn't we? :lol:

After we sold them Given, iirc. If we'd really wanted Johnson surely we wouldve arranged some sort of exchange, or at the very least, used us having Given as some sort of bargaining chip.

Guest sicko2ndbest

watching a french football channel, desperately hoping for some NUFC stuff, don't understand what they say though  :lol:

Lol

Anything?

I don't understand what went on with Michael Johnson. He made a series of eye-catching performances, was tipped to be the future of England's midfield in much the same way Jack Wilshere currently is, and then decided to hit the alcohol. Heavily.

Guest Heneage

I don't understand what went on with Michael Johnson. He made a series of eye-catching performances, was tipped to be the future of England's midfield in much the same way Jack Wilshere currently is, and then decided to hit the alcohol. Heavily.

Drink and Gambling.