NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Unfortunately, it's not that simple.

Our main targets were Gameiro, Gervinho and Erdinc. We bid for them but the players opted to join / stay with clubs with better prospects of CL football than ourselves.

So what do we do - go for players on the B list, with the risk that we may have to pay over the odds in wages and transfer fees and then find it difficult to shift the players on in two years time if things don't work out. We're not Man City, we're working to a budget and the wrong buy at the wrong cost can block progress further down the line. In that event, a loan signing to cover this season makes some sense.

Arsenal are in a similar situation, albeit at a different end of the market. Everyone's shouting 'buy, buy' but you do have to find players who are better than the ones you've got, at a price you can manage. That's not simple.

Guest ykmkmdd

I'm thinking Macheda is probably a last gasp backup in case we don't land any of our other targets - still desperately hoping for movement on Maiga or Roux....

Holy fucking shit.  I can't believe it's actually going to fucking happen.  Mike Ashley, Fat fucking bastard, had the foundation in place for a fabulous fucking offseason and he's fucking pissing it away.  He brought in 3 players for next to fucking nothing, trims some fucking deadwood (ok we can debate some of that) and instead of building on that fucking success he sticks his finger up his fucking asshole and lets the window drain away while the club faffs about with players who were never going to fucking come and replace Jose fucking Enrique and andy fucking Carroll.

Penny wise and pound fucking foolish.

:fishing:

What's going on with Sturridge at this point? He can't be staying at Chelsea as there are too many players ahead of him.

Really can't see the point of the Macheda loan. An unproven striker who will need games to get some confidence? Just play Sammy ffs.

Would love a random marquee signing. Another Berbatov last day transfer saga, or Huntelaar, loan for Lukaku, Ballotelli something absolutely out of the blue and crazy like that. Even something a bit more realistic like Fletcher, even Dembele's looks good at linking up play at Fulham. Bendtner!!! Not Macheda man, there's no point!

10 pages on Macheda man? Fuuuuuucking hell. Was getting proper excited we had a few lined up (fuck knows why like). It'd be an underwhelming signing to say the least but it means Lovenkrands is further down the order so it's better than nowt. Would be a massive statement of intent by the club though.

Could you imagine how much better our squad would look like with Santon, Pieters and say Sturridge on loan added to it. Those three are all attainable, I am assuming Sturridge is given the players that Chelsea have signed. If Ashley just went that little step beyond we would have a decent squad who at its best could possible threaten the top 8, as it stands we seem very fragile. We have won games without playing well, but saying that the quality of opposition haven't been great, even Arsenal, who are obviously better than us but have been comfortably outplayed by Liverpool and Man Utd. Confidence in the camp seems high at the moment, I worryu when our backs are against the wall.

Guest schmuck

What's going on with Sturridge at this point? He can't be staying at Chelsea as there are too many players ahead of him.

Don't think there are any players ahead of him tbh, he was incredible in pre season and Villas Boas rates him, I think we'll see him in a front 3 with Torres and Mata now he's back from suspension.

I'm amazed how down some people are on a loan for Macheda though, Ba has just shown the first signs of being the player we thought, in which case he'll be a more than good enough 1st choice, Best will continue to graft and get goals, and of course Pardew hearts Shola. Add Macheda to that and it's very healthy competition for what will in all liklihood be 1 striking position when HBA returns. Some people are so transfixed on a big fee marquee striker it's almost demented, I fear for their mental health. It's just possible that there isn't an outstanding target out there now, it's not gonna kill us to keep our powder dry and wait for one if that's the case

Don't think there are any players ahead of him tbh, he was incredible in pre season and Villas Boas rates him, I think we'll see him in a front 3 with Torres and Mata now he's back from suspension.

I'm amazed how down some people are on a loan for Macheda though, Ba has just shown the first signs of being the player we thought, in which case he'll be a more than good enough 1st choice, Best will continue to graft and get goals, and of course Pardew hearts Shola. Add Macheda to that and it's very healthy competition for what will in all liklihood be 1 striking position when HBA returns. Some people are so transfixed on a big fee marquee striker it's almost demented, I fear for their mental health. It's just possible that there isn't an outstanding target out there now, it's not gonna kill us to keep our powder dry and wait for one if that's the case

Mike?

The thing with Macheda is that he hasn't really shown anything great apart fomr that one goal against Aston Villa. Would much rather develop Sammy or Vuckic than him.

Good post :thup:

We needed another forward before we sold Carroll, so that's nearly 9 months. The powder is no longer dry, it's evaporated.

You can't blame people for wanting our own forward rather than just giving experience to one of the big boys forwards.

I'm thinking Macheda is probably a last gasp backup in case we don't land any of our other targets - still desperately hoping for movement on Maiga or Roux....

thing is to me thats not the worst idea in history to have a backup ready, while not exactly happy if we got Macheda its better than Lovenkrands playing

:clap: :clap:

Guest teepee

i'm also thinking loan striker - bendtner, sturridge, macheda - don't think chamakh, unless they bring in a heavyweight (and wenger is too much of a cheapskate for that...)

i'm also thinking loan striker - bendtner, sturridge, macheda - don't think chamakh, unless they bring in a heavyweight (and wenger is too much of a cheapskate for that...)

Sturridge won't be loaned imho part of their 1st team plans

"Sturridge is in my 1st team plans" *buys Lukaku*

- Andre Trollas Boas. 

- Andre Trollas Boas. 

You forgot about the part where he loans Lukaku out.

- Andre Trollas Boas. 

I'm sure Anderlecht asked to keep Lukaku on loan for this season and Chelsea refused. Can't see why they would loan him out. Even less chance with Drogba's injury.

Could not sign a Carroll replacement in a few months, could not sign Enrique's replacement in a few weeks but now we have to have faith they can do it in under 48 hours.

I don't think there is a word to describe how angry I am, I mean the word angry does not even come close.. livid.. kna not close.. furious.. kna still not close

Could not sign a Carroll replacement in a few months, could not sign Enrique's replacement in a few weeks but now we have to have faith they can do it in under 48 hours.

I don't think there is a word to describe how angry I am, I mean the word angry does not even come close.. livid.. kna not close.. furious.. kna still not close

think happy thoughts