NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest BooBoo

Don't forget. Uncle Mike has a helicopter.

May as well replace it with a zip-wire down to the North West.

"Just grab tight on the handles, Cheik, Alex will be waiting."

"Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..."

I want to ride that wire.

From my sources I get that Maiga is similar to Ba, wtf do we need that shit for? Why can't we get a smaller more technical paced striker that can actually work off Ba or Ameobi if we absolutely gotta use the immobile beast?

From my sources I get that Maiga is similar to Ba, wtf do we need that s*** for? Why can't we get a smaller more technical paced striker that can actually work off Ba or Ameobi if we absolutely gotta use the immobile beast?

With all due respect, f*** your sources.

:lol: Amen to that. Amen.

Guest bimpy474

From my sources I get that Maiga is similar to Ba, wtf do we need that s*** for? Why can't we get a smaller more technical paced striker that can actually work off Ba or Ameobi if we absolutely gotta use the immobile beast?

With all due respect, f*** your sources.

You tell him :)

From nufc.com:

Window latest #1:

Still trying for two 

Official confirmation was forthcoming from Newcastle on Tuesday evening that the permanent transfers of both Davide Santon and Rob Elliot had been concluded.

And from what we can gather, attempts continue to secure a further two signings on Wednesday - we're uncertain of who the targets are and whether loan or permanent deals are in the offing.

The transfer window closes on Wednesday @ 11pm

Could one be a back up option to the other? I'd be astonished if we brought in 2 new first team players tomorrow, but it looks as if theres hope.

Guest VegasToon

From nufc.com:

Window latest #1:

Still trying for two 

Official confirmation was forthcoming from Newcastle on Tuesday evening that the permanent transfers of both Davide Santon and Rob Elliot had been concluded.

And from what we can gather, attempts continue to secure a further two signings on Wednesday - we're uncertain of who the targets are and whether loan or permanent deals are in the offing.

The transfer window closes on Wednesday @ 11pm

Could one be a back up option to the other? I'd be astonished if we brought in 2 new first team players tomorrow, but it looks as if theres hope.

There is always hope, but then the fat man crushes our dreams.

My guess.

In

Macheda (Loan)

Out

Guthrie (Loan)

I'll be optimistic for you and say a loan/fee combination either way with a better outgoing than Guthrie if there is to be one at all.

So Pieters/Macheda or Onuoha/Maiga as two random examples of what I mean by this.

Guest BooBoo

I'll be optimistic and say we'll get Macheda on loan, Maiga plus those two young players.

Harper will join Joey at QPR. Lovenkrands will sign a two year deal with Rangers.

We'll be made to sweat about a rumour about Arsenal wanting Tiote and we'll be linked with someone quite exciting which will not happen, I'll wager a loan of Alan Johnson.

I'll be surprised if there's any more than one player incoming/outgoing. Think we'll sign a cheap/loanee striker and that will be it. I was convinced last night that the Macheda thing would be real, but i just think it'd be suck a fucking stupid signing - and a kick in the crotch to the other youngsters on our books - that we won't bother with it. It'll be someone older and out of the blue, Kuqi-style (but probably not that shit).

I'll be optimistic and say we'll get Macheda on loan, Maiga plus those two young players.

Harper will join Joey at QPR. Lovenkrands will sign a two year deal with Rangers.

We'll be made to sweat about a rumour about Arsenal wanting Tiote and we'll be linked with someone quite exciting which will not happen, I'll wager a loan of Alan Johnson.

:johnson:

I think we'll get Maiga and as a result won't get Macheda. Situ will sign, and if we get anyone else it'll be another signing from the Championship, probably a young utility player.

There'll be rumours about Coloccini and Tiote but neither will materialise into any serious interest; either Lovenkrands will go to Rangers or the Championship, or Ranger will go to Blackpool. I also think Harper may go - Elliot not getting a squad number is a bit telling imo.