NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Clyne played left back for the U-21s the last two times I've seen them play and looked pretty good, so theoretically he could play left side (despite also being right footed) and Santon could play right side.

Thinking about it, couldnt playing Santon on the left be a communication thing more than anything ?

Think about it Coloccini speaks Italian so being next to him instead of next Taylor is probably better for the whole back 4 communication wise......

With Clyne on the right next to Taylor both being english so they will communicate between each other fine....

I am personally for this move, it makes sense financially and from what i have seen who looks to have what it takes to be a quality Prem RB......

Still want a CB mind but not against this move at all.

obviously I have no problem with Santon at LB, i just happen to think that natural overlapping fullbacks will improve us more than ones that need to cut in a lot. if we can keep everyone else in the starting 11 and sort this out for next year we're gonna be pretty fucking good like

obviously I have no problem with Santon at LB, i just happen to think that natural overlapping fullbacks will improve us more than ones that need to cut in a lot. if we can keep everyone else in the starting 11 and sort this out for next year we're gonna be pretty f***ing good like

Let me give an example.......

Henry-Eto'o-Messi...... one of the best attacking trio's in recent memory had Henry on the left ( who is right footed) and Messi on the right ( who is left footed)

I understand where your coming from but its not vital for everyone to play on thier correct side if they are dangerous enough on the opposite side......

Besides Santon is very 2 footed.

They're not full backs and no-one we get us gonna be as good as any of them,and he doesn't look very two footed to me.

True, now that i think about it was a pretty bad example  :lol:

None the less he has played LB many times and he was actually bought as a LB so i think we can make it work but i do understand the overlapping natural full back argument.

I refuse to get my hopes up over Clyne, been wanting us to make a move for him for the last 2 or 3 seasons. Incredible amount of games for a 20 year old, so probably good for him he didn't move so early and got those games under his belt.

I refuse to get my hopes up over Clyne, been wanting us to make a move for him for the last 2 or 3 seasons. Incredible amount of games for a 20 year old, so probably good for him he didn't move so early and got those games under his belt.

This, he is a quality player. Pisses all over Simpsons chips because he can.

His Wiki says his best position is right back...nice.

Wouldn't trust Wikipedia in this case. Been absolute class at centre back for Montpellier. Would be a terrific signing. Fear he may be a bit on the expensive side though.

Wouldn't trust Wikipedia in this case. Been absolute class at centre back for Montpellier. Would be a terrific signing. Fear he may be a bit on the expensive side though.

Last year of contract or not?

Last year of contract or not?

After a quick check - not. 2013.

He'll definitely be on our radar and he'd probably be interested.....but I doubt that bigger clubs will let us. Having Cabaye and Ben Arfa helps, as well as our stadium, reputation and the league we're in. And from our point of view he's young, excellent, French, affordable and versatile.

Maiga, Mbiwa, Clyne and a Colo contract is my new wishlist :D