NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Problem is though Bordeaux have been s**** this season :undecided:

So have Bolton and Blackburn but I wouldn't turn my nose up at Cahill or Samba :pow:

True.

EDIT: Just had a quick read through that article, sounds like Ciani is a player who is currently out of form and is lacking in confidence. He's also been out of the first team picture for 2 months now (that is, he's no longer a starter for Bordeaux) :undecided:

The article also says that we're the ideal club to revive Ciani's career, citing Ben Arfa and Obertan as examples (talented French players not having the best of times football-wise at a previous club).

Chronicle running a story about a bid for Tomkins. A West Ham fan in my office (ST holder) said he's been one of their best players this season. Very highly rated there...

:giggs:

How is that  :giggs:  you fool?

Probably because there's a thread about it. You fool.

:iamatwat:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2074258/Newcastle-want-Taye-Taiwo-Erik-Pieters.html

Newcastle plan Taiwo swoop after PSV warn Magpies off Pieters

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 10:45 PM on 14th December 2011

Erik Pieters, Newcastle’s main target to fill the void left by Jose Enrique’s move to Liverpool, will be staying at PSV Eindhoven, according to sporting director Marcel Brands.

Newcastle will now step up their interest in AC Milan’s Nigeria left-back Taye Taiwo, who is available on loan in the January window.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2074258/Newcastle-want-Taye-Taiwo-Erik-Pieters.html

Newcastle plan Taiwo swoop after PSV warn Magpies off Pieters

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 10:45 PM on 14th December 2011

Erik Pieters, Newcastle’s main target to fill the void left by Jose Enrique’s move to Liverpool, will be staying at PSV Eindhoven, according to sporting director Marcel Brands.

Newcastle will now step up their interest in AC Milan’s Nigeria left-back Taye Taiwo, who is available on loan in the January window.

I say bring him in!

Would we really be arsed with a loan though? From what Douglas has said before the club see it as wasted money. I know we did it with Ben Arfa but that was a unique situation with a player of that talent (and subsequently the leg break which allowed us to buy him).

Would we really be arsed with a loan though? From what Douglas has said before the club see it as wasted money. I know we did it with Ben Arfa but that was a unique situation with a player of that talent (and subsequently the leg break which allowed us to buy him).

Ashley: So, Alan, what's this "loan" thing you're talking about?

Pardew: Well, it's just what it sounds like. We get a player here on a short-term contract, and when that contract is up, the player goes back to his club.

Ashley: Ohh, that sounds brilliant! Get him here for nothing, up his value by playing him here and then the deluded Geordies won't even be able to criticise me when we sell him back!

Pardew: Well, he's never actually our player, so you won't be able to sell him. We won't get any money for him.

Ashley: So, we'd be paying for a players wages, but won't have any means of getting that money back?

Pardew: Yeah, pretty much.

Ashley: :yao:

Wish we'd picked up Nagatomo at some point.

He may be Scum of the Earth but I've seen few better left backs anywhere. The talent was there for everyone to see for a long while before he moved to Italy and there was definitely a chance for somebody like us to get in if we tried.

Wish we'd picked up Nagatomo at some point.

He may be Scum of the Earth but I've seen few better left backs anywhere. The talent was there for everyone to see for a long while before he moved to Italy and there was definitely a chance for somebody like us to get in if we tried.

Looks like an Asian Pardew.

Mike asked me when am I going to get a centre-half.

“It’s about making sure we get the right one.

“When you look at centre-halves it is easy to get it wrong.

“You can look at David Luiz, who is finding it difficult, he was £18million and he didn’t play the last game.

“So it doesn’t matter what you spend, you have to get the right one.”

Cheeky cunt.