NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Striker dreaming of Magpies

Mayuka looking to test himself in a higher league

Young Boys striker Emmanuel Mayuka has labelled Newcastle United and Marseille as 'dream' clubs.

The 21-year-old Zambian starlet has been turning heads in Switzerland, leading to reports of a move elsewhere.

The speculation has not passed Mayuka by and he would love to test himself in a tougher league in future.

The ex- Maccabi Tel Aviv man remains intent on scoring the goals that could see him earn a big move elsewhere.

However, it remains to be seen if Newcastle are interested with boss Alan Pardew ruling out signing a striker in January.

Dream

"Newcastle is a dream club, like Marseille, because their fans are the best there is," he told skysports.com.

"That only shows me I have to work hard and score more goals.

"I'd love to play in a bigger league than the Swiss league."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/7400787/Striker-dreaming-of-Magpies

Meh fk him, his dream is to play for Man Ure

:lol:

:EDIT:

MAYUKA Emmanuel Highlights

Youtubetastic, quick as fuck I mean proper quick, has an eye for goal, good technique and speaks perfect English too.

Seems the kind of striker we look for, a profit maker that is.

Pardew: Why I won't sign a striker for NUFC Dec 29 2011

ALAN PARDEW insists the pursuit of a new striker during the January transfer window would be “reckless

Club definition of reckless : We'd have to pay slightly over the odds.

True definition of reckless : Gambling our whole season on our only goal scorer (who may or may not have dodgy knees) not getting injured.

Guest bimpy474

Plans to sign a cheap 'utility' defender should have been binned the moment Taylor got injured. We need to spend real money on a real, long-term replacement.

Exactly, if we are to sign a defender it has to be either a better player than Williamson or a younger player around his ability who will get better learning from Colo.

In theory we should be buying a defender who is better than Taylor in case he doesn't come back as good (or at all) nevermind for the obvious reasons that we should always be trying to best in any position we are rectruiting to help continue moving the club forward. Rather than just fill a gap with someone average because they're cheap / Taylor was doing OK.

Pardew: Why I won't sign a striker for NUFC Dec 29 2011

ALAN PARDEW insists the pursuit of a new striker during the January transfer window would be “reckless

Club definition of reckless : We'd have to pay slightly over the odds.

True definition of reckless : Gambling our whole season on our only goal scorer (who may or may not have dodgy knees) not getting injured.

:thup:

Guest Rob 1988

Newcastle ‘Too Small For My £45M Rated Star’ Mocks Agent

http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/2011/12/premiership/newcastle-too-small-for-my-45m-rated-star-mocks-agent

Arsenal and Newcastle United’s interest in French forward Olivier Giroud has been confirmed by Montpellier.

However, owner Louis Nicollin claims that Newcastle are ‘too small’ to buy Giroud and the Premier League duo would have to pay between £40-£50 million to land the 25-year-old.

Nicollin told the French press:

“‘Newcastle? They are too small for him.

‘Arsenal? We must see if Arsene Wenger is interested because he has Van Persie.

‘Given that he [Giroud] still has more than two years left on his contract, he’ll cost a lot more, either €50m [£42m] or €60m [£50m].”

Giroud’s goalscoring form in Ligue 1 this season with 13 goals in 18 matches has alerted Arsenal and Newcastle to his services.

footballtransfertavern.com :yao:

Guest Brendan_Rice

On talksport today some idiot was going on about how Man City are only doing what Arsenal have done so doesn't understand why they get so much stick :lol:

Got em interested in how much they actually spend, check this out:

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/

Unreal the job Wenger has done when you see that.

On talksport today some idiot was going on about how Man City are only doing what Arsenal have done so doesn't understand why they get so much stick :lol:

Exactly, couldn't find a moderately successful club less like Man City :lol:

the 2006-2011 table is most interesting to look at, really incredible that Arsenal stay competitive year after year (though it seems to be showing this year)

also Stoke have spent more net than Man U in the last 5 years  :yikes:

Guest bimpy474

the 2006-2011 table is most interesting to look at, really incredible that Arsenal stay competitive year after year (though it seems to be showing this year)

But Man Utd sold Ronaldo for a gazillion pounds though, bit easy for them to have a decent spend ratio.

But Man Utd sold Ronaldo for a gazillion pounds though, bit easy for them to have a decent spend ratio.

shows more that the idea of Stoke being "plucky underdogs" and Pulis has no choice but to play dire football as thats all he can afford on that budget myth by the media for the tosh it is, I knew Stoke had spent a fair bit, didn't realise it was that much

shows more that the idea of Stoke being "plucky underdogs" and Pulis has no choice but to play dire football as thats all he can afford on that budget myth by the media for the tosh it is, I knew Stoke had spent a fair bit, didn't realise it was that much

:thup:

Guest bimpy474

Oh aye mate yeah, they went mental last window didn't they, Crouch, Jerome and Wilson Palacios for about £22m odd, never been plucky underdogs since they came up, dogs maybe but in the ugly sense.....football that is just awful.

According to Belgian press, we've contacted Club Bruges for Jordan Botaka. Never heard of the guy and I'm Belgian... One for the future I guess.