Gary Speed

James

Georgia have just beaten Croatia 1-0 at home, fwiw.

that's a massive result. last qualifying campaign georgia finished bottom of their group with only 3 points and no wins. manager must be doing something right...

They've still faced teams like Israel, Slovenia, Greece & Cameroon in those 9 games who I'd consider as being better or of having a better pedigree than Georgia.

Aye I could only name two Georgian players past and present yet could name many more of the others.

They've still faced teams like Israel, Slovenia, Greece & Cameroon in those 9 games who I'd consider as being better or of having a better pedigree than Georgia.

Aye I could only name two Georgian players past and present yet could name many more of the others.

Kinkladze, Arveladze, Khizanishvili, Kobiashvili, Kenia, Kaladze etc...

I think every person who follow football must know this players :)

Imho he is too fresh to be a international manager and should have learnt his trade and then went for it if he was good enough,i think the Welsh F.A wanted a change from the old guard and a new approach with a young manager with new ideas and i truly hope it works for him .Making Aaron Ramsey captain could backfire if the kid cannot cope with the pressure and its hard enough playing International football without having that as a burden .

• 10 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

genuinely can't believe its been 10 years since his passing...  remember that 24 hours so vividly,I was only 17, his appearance on football focus ,always remember my da commenting on how well he looked and 'what great shape he was in.

We drew with man utd at Old Trafford was a 3pm KO and I went into town to do a bit of Christmas shopping..... Will never forget the next morning was at mass, came back and had a text from my mate saying 'Gary speed is dead' I remember texting him back something rude back, because I didn't believe him, I remember at that particular time there was a lot of false rumours about celebrities dieing, a week or two before this day the same mate told me dougal from father Ted was dead, which was obviously not true.... however he replied 'its true suicide its on the BBC website'

remember running into the living room and sticking the ceefax on, will never forget the feeling when I seen the headline...