José Mourinho

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest icemanblue

Can't help but feel that the 'excitement' over this appointment, that I'm reading everywhere, is entirely manufactured by the football media. I'm not excited by it in the slightest, and it was the least surprising appointment in football history. Most of the people I've spoken to feel the same and are completely apathetic towards it. Yet journos, SSN and the like are positively frothing at the gash over it all. Perhaps I'm just getting old.

Can't help but feel that the 'excitement' over this appointment, that I'm reading everywhere, is entirely manufactured by the football media. I'm not excited by it in the slightest, and it was the least surprising appointment in football history. Most of the people I've spoken to feel the same and are completely apathetic towards it. Yet journos, SSN and the like are positively frothing at the gash over it all. Perhaps I'm just getting old.

Spot on.

He has the media right where he wants them and he hasn't had to do anything because they're all so keen to be in his good books for stories.

Guest icemanblue

I've found myself cringing at most of the coverage, like. I suppose it's good for them, a bit of box office. It's just the way they seem to be trying to whip everyone up into some kind of frenzy. It's utterly bizarre, but I assume there must be some getting swept along in it. Objectively, it's a big story. The most famous and, possibly, best current manager coming back to Chelsea and the Premiership and all that. But, just nah... nowt. Don't care one bit.

With Ferguson's cantankerous moaning and Benitez's overt hypersensitivity departing, he does fill a certain managerial entertainment/charisma slot that the likes of Paul Lambert and Steve Clarke can't hope to, in fairness. There is Di Canio, though.

It's not massively exciting, but he'll be good for the league. Our own dire performance aside, last year was an awful Premiership season.

Spot on, you are getting old. O0

In all seriousness, good post, sums up my feeling about it and what most of my mates do aswell.

I've purposely stay well out of the way of it all, the only JoMo stuff i've seen is on here, think i made the right choice.

Arse licking, Special one, cakes, bullshit soundbites, it was never going to be any different.

Based on absolutely nothing at all, I still think deep down he'll be vexed that he didn't end up getting the Man Utd gig.

Totally agree, especially considering who it actually went to.

Guest Miguel Piñero

True, but just can't help thinking this'll end badly again when you've got a manager who wanted to be somewhere else and an owner who wanted someone else

Based on absolutely nothing at all, I still think deep down he'll be vexed that he didn't end up getting the Man Utd gig.

Totally agree, especially considering who it actually went to.

Mirrors a little bit when he was frontrunner for the Barça job and the president ended up appointing Guardiola. Always thought that's where a lot of his bitterness towards us came from.

Guest Slippery Sam

With Ferguson's cantankerous moaning and Benitez's overt hypersensitivity departing, he does fill a certain managerial entertainment/charisma slot that the likes of Paul Lambert and Steve Clarke can't hope to, in fairness. There is Di Canio, though.

The media now have Mourinho, Di Canio and that shitstick Holloway to wank over now. Spunk everywhere.

Guest neesy111

The media now have Mourinho, Di Canio and that shitstick Holloway to wank over now. Spunk everywhere.

Wank over soundbites, instead of actually being journalists.  Typical of the British Sporting Media.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...