Club statement

Magpie

It pretty much says we are putting the club on a sound finacial position, they will not get involved into footballing matter, lets Chris do the job, give him support and shut up.

Good news in my view.

They key word says plan, which to me means they don't have an exact figure in mind and will spend what they feel is needed, not that they won't spend.

Thats the way I read it too

Many are panicking way too soon.

All will be well....;)

i didn't read it that way at first but it could be on re-reading it.

Thanks Madras  :thup:

i have said previously aswell that i didn't necessarily see it as 'no spending' but no new debt.

Yeah but your agreement that it could mean what I said will hopefully help others that it doesn't mean that the club won't spend on new players which is the general feeling.

f***s sake people :lol:

I could go on and post a picture of a storm in a cup, a doctor hitting a patient on his knee and so on. I won't.

READ what Stifler has written in here. That's all.

No offence to Stifler but.... sorry I can't finish that without offending him.

As said, the statement is just f***ing stupid. It's obvious it will be taken negatively so why even bother releasing it.

There is no way you can dress this up to look good.

The alternative of course was a full summer of being linked with players then getting to September wondering why we've spent little/nothing. At least we know from the off what the state of play is.

Which isn't going to help the sale of season tickets meaning less money coming in to get us breaking even.

I could go on and post a picture of a storm in a cup, a doctor hitting a patient on his knee and so on. I won't.

As said, the statement is just f***ing stupid. It's obvious it will be taken negatively so why even bother releasing it.

I somewhat agree. The statement doesn't really say anything other then that they support Chris, and takes a swipe at the media. There is, however, nowhere in that statement that says there won't be any money for transfers this summer, and rightly so. That seems to be the issue with most here, as they were looking for "will be spending money on players" and " £XXm will be made available to Chris in the summer". That isn't very clever to do though, is it? Other then appeasing the fans for a few weeks.

Why mention it at all, the way they have worded is either very badly or something they shouldn't be confirming if they want happy fans buying season tickets.

Well yeah, that's why I agree with you that the statement is stupid. People are bound to overreact, due to drawing their own conclutions, or just not understanding what the statement actually says.

Guest neesy111

The alternative of course was a full summer of being linked with players then getting to September wondering why we've spent little/nothing. At least we know from the off what the state of play is.

Which isn't going to help the sale of season tickets meaning less money coming in to get us breaking even.

we'll easily make a profit next season if we spend no money, an extra 30m-40M will be coming in from tv and sponsorship

No new capital outlay on players means that the transfer kitty is nil. Any incomings will have to be funded by outgoings. I'd like to believe otherwise, but that's the reality that we have to face.

They make it clear that they're worried at the large operating losses which they say will take 5 years to stabilise. 'Stability by promoting from within' means they'll try to rely on home-grown players and the existing management / coaching staff.

It's bad news and I assume they've issued this statement to avoid any high expectations that will lead to a greater and greater swell of discontent when nothing gets spent in the close season. It's giving us the medicine now.

Because they were showing they had faith in Chris, they will not get involved in on the pitch matters, and they promised a little while back to keep intouch with the fans as much as they possibly can. This is them saying they are not saying how much Chris will have, they are interested in keeping the club in a good finacial position, they want to get the best out of the young players in the future and they will not confirm or deny any press rumours in the summer. To me that sounds like a bloody good plan.

And because every good plan begins with '1. Widely publish the plan on a globally-accessible medium'. Classic Sun Tzu.

Name me one benefit of stating that we will not spend anything on players this summer.

If they can find another 30,000 people who are convinced this easily then Ashley has a cash cow for life.

THEY CLUB HAS NOT SAID IT WON'T SPEND MONEY ON PLAYERS!

"There is no plan for new capital outlay on players."

Yes they have. Maybe they didn't mean it, but that's what they have said.

Spending on fees is capital expenditure. They don't say anything about a net outlay- they just say 'outlay'. If it's a new player, it's a new capital outlay.

If they are talking in obtuse terms about the actual capital of the club, they need to proof-read their statements more carefully.

In reality, the truth could be any outcome- past statements have given no indication to the truth.

Guest neesy111

No new capital outlay on players means that the transfer kitty is nil. Any incomings will have to be funded by outgoings. I'd like to believe otherwise, but that's the reality that we have to face.

They make it clear that they're worried at the large operating losses which they say will take 5 years to stabilise. 'Stability by promoting from within' means they'll try to rely on home-grown players and the existing management / coaching staff.

It's bad news and I assume they've issued this statement to avoid any high expectations that will lead to a greater and greater swell of discontent when nothing gets spent in the close season. It's giving us the medicine now.

the club will make an operating profit if we spend no money, because we'll have increase in turnover of 30M at least

Does this therefore mean that Hughton is here for all of next season, regardless of performance, as he wont want the expenditure of paying him off and having to get someone new in ?

I somewhat agree. The statement doesn't really say anything other then that they support Chris, and takes a swipe at the media. There is, however, nowhere in that statement that says there won't be any money for transfers this summer, and rightly so. That seems to be the issue with most here, as they were looking for "will be spending money on players" and " £XXm will be made available to Chris in the summer". That isn't very clever to do though, is it? Other then appeasing the fans for a few weeks.

Why mention it at all, the way they have worded is either very badly or something they shouldn't be confirming if they want happy fans buying season tickets.

Well yeah, that's why I agree with you that the statement is stupid. People are bound to overreact, due to drawing their own conclutions, or just not understanding what the statement actually says.

No-one can really understand what it says because they have left it open to interpretation, now given what Ashley has done since we got here people are obviously going to suspect worst case scenario.

It annoys me we have complete morons running this club.

we'll easily make a profit next season if we spend no money, an extra 30m-40M will be coming in from tv and sponsorship

We won't.

Guest je85

this club will never ever be successfull or get back on track with this fat buffon in charge

OMG WHEN DID WE SIGN BUFFON?!

And when did he gain weight?

Guest neesy111

We won't.

we will

We won't.

we will

hard to see considering theres a 20m overdraft to pay off

We won't.

we will

The player sales propped us up this year to the tune of the extra revenue you're talking about promotion getting us.

We certainly won't "easily make a profit"

No-one can really understand what it says because they have left it open to interpretation, now given what Ashley has done since we got here people are obviously going to suspect worst case scenario.

It annoys me we have complete morons running this club.

From a business to business perspective, I guess it makes sense to leave it open to interpretation, but from a business to fans perspective  :doh:

Im willing to sit on the fence and see what happens, based on the actions of the club in january. No need to go postal just yet.

Guest neesy111

We won't.

we will

that overdraft is only payable when bank decides to or when it's due to arrangement with barclays

We won't.

we will

that overdraft is only payable when bank decides to or when it's due to arrangement with barclays

And has nothing to do with us making a profit.  The cost of the interest in servicing it does though.

There's a long list of 'home grown' players who are being released this close season. Players who have turned out at reserve level and in reality are a million miles away from getting a go in the Premiership.

For Ashleys 'home grown' plan to work we'll need a minimum of 3/4 players making the grade every year until 2015.

It WILL NOT happen.

Guest neesy111

We won't.

we will

And has nothing to do with us making a profit.  The cost of the interest in servicing it does though.

I said OPERATING PROFIT!!!!

it's interest free, barclays offer it to all premiership clubs

Guest neesy111

It's enough to make the poor cunt who has just shelled out close to £400 on their season ticket go a bit Budd Dwyer.

one reason why they wanted ppl to renew early!

i can see many potential season ticket holders not buying now

We won't.

we will

And has nothing to do with us making a profit. The cost of the interest in servicing it does though.

I said OPERATING PROFIT!!!!

it's interest free, barclays offer it to all premiership clubs

A quick look at the top of the page says you didn't like.

In any case, I was correcting the post above yours talking about the overdraft contributing to a loss, which it wouldn't.

Either way, we won't easily make a profit next year.

Thank fuck we got promoted. That statement reads like a club after relegation and without a pot to piss in. Looks like he's going to be stuffing quite a stash of Sky money in his back pocket.

"Geordie nation" least he's in tune with the fans though...............................