David Ginola

LooneyToonArmy

Glad he's okay, but these are some bizarre-ass tweets. As though he doesn't know the public is aware of the severity of his ordeal and he's trying to play it cool? :lol:

Of course, he would play it cool though :)

Ferencváros. That is all.

This. Probably my favorite Newcastle goal ever. It never seems to get as much coverage because of who the opposition were.. if it had been a super sunday you can bet sky would still be peddling it in their ads, like they do with Philippe Albert's chip, or Shearer's volley

This. Probably my favorite Newcastle goal ever. It never seems to get as much coverage because of who the opposition were.. if it had been a super sunday you can bet sky would still be peddling it in their ads, like they do with Philippe Albert's chip, or Shearer's volley

Definitely. Just pure skill and technique, as a teenage fan growing up and watching that - wow.

Delighted he's on the mend.

Aye, it was unreal. I've just rewatched the highlights of the match on YouTube, fair to say we should have won by a lot more than 4.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, it was unreal. I've just rewatched the highlights of the match on YouTube, fair to say we should have won by a lot more than 4.

I've never seen a goal more attempted in the yard than that one for about a week after it happened.

I've never seen a goal more attempted in the yard than that one for about a week after it happened.

Luis Figo vs Man Utd, for me. No idea why. Maybe the magnitude of the game.

I was the right age for it, nine years old when he signed, but I'm sure Ginola will always be my favourite player and his goal against Ferencváros my favourite goal: three different techniques, pushing the ball into the air with his knee, allowing it to drop before delicately lifting it with his right foot, then hammering a volley with his left, but all so seamless and instinctive. Beardsley and Ben Arfa could be surrounded and still beat their men, but nobody managed it as elegantly as Ginola. And as Odin says, I'm not sure I've seen anyone play as regularly or as effectively a long cross-field pass.

I had seen him at Celtic and Hearts in friendlies before the Coventry match so knew what was coming! He was frightening at Bolton the midweek after and his cross for Sir Les' goal was unbelievable! I actually felt sorry for Neil Cox that night against Boro as Ginola was on another planet and he put in yet another brilliant cross for Sir Les' winner!

I was there at Arsenal too and those wankers kicked him off the park! I still recall the round before at Stoke (hell on outside!) when he was superb and their full back was sent off for constantly booting him yet that silly Manc wanker Lou Macari who was their manager came out afterwards and slated him as a diving chat!

His goal in the 5-0 was sensational; he completely made the best right back and the best goalkeeper in the country simply stand still in awe!

Get well soon Daveed! You handsome brilliant bastard!