The Daily Mail Ban

DJ_NUFC

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=790792&sec=england&cc=5901

I can't see a thread for this so here it goes, but I could simply be failing to see it as my allergies have been acting up all day, gluing my eyes together *sniff*.

-----------------

Newcastle ban newspapers over Triesman sting

Newcastle have written to the chairmen of all Premier League clubs calling for them to ban reporters from two newspapers following the Lord Triesman revelations.

Newcastle have banned the Mail on Sunday and sister paper the Daily Mail from all games and press conferences after the Sunday paper published comments made by Triesman which had been secretly recorded by a friend of his. As a result Triesman resigned as chairman of the Football Association and England's bid for the 2018 World Cup.

Newcastle had been considering a request from the Daily Mail for a previous ban to be revoked when the story was published last week.

The club said in a statement: "The Daily Mail have recently made approaches through the Association of Editors for the ban to be reviewed. Newcastle United Football Club were considering that request when The Mail on Sunday decided to publish its disgraceful story about Lord Triesman.

"That story was not in the best interest of English football and has had enormous adverse repercussions already with regard to the 2018 World Cup bid. Newcastle United Football Club supports the stance taken by Gary Lineker who has ceased to provide a column for the newspaper and has been outspoken in his criticism.

"The Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday, will be unwelcome at Newcastle United for the foreseeable future. The club has also written to the Premier League and all other Premier League chairmen, asking for their support in Newcastle's stance against these publications."

That's wrong like, both papers have been banned since articles last season that the owner/chairman weren't best pleased with

Probably is worth a new thread (even though it's been discussed in 'not worthy of a new thread').

I'm all for banning the daily racist. If Cameron could push it through for real I'd even consider voting for him.

Never go that far like. I'd rather wade through a bucket of boiling pig fat.

Hate the Daily Mail, but there's no point in our club picking fights left, right and centre imo.  Counter-productive.

Know what you mean but it's not a big deal imo. The Mail used to write crap about us when it wasn't banned, but at least we can now officially ignore it.....

I'm all for banning the daily racist. If Cameron could push it through for real I'd even consider voting for him.

:lol: As if Cameron would do that - the paper is so far up his arse they're practically sharing an office with Nick Clegg.

Newcastle have banned the Mail on Sunday and sister paper the Daily Mail from all games and press conferences after the Sunday paper published comments made by Triesman

Exactly what fucking press conferences would these be?

Thought we weren't talking to anyone anymore, so not as if the Daily Heil will be missing out on much.

if lord treesman did make those comments then they should be reported, regardless of consequences.

DOnt see the point in nufc getting involved.  More likely that fat mike has personal vendetta with someone at the DMail.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=790792&sec=england&cc=5901

I can't see a thread for this so here it goes, but I could simply be failing to see it as my allergies have been acting up all day, gluing my eyes together *sniff*.

-----------------

Newcastle ban newspapers over Triesman sting

Newcastle have written to the chairmen of all Premier League clubs calling for them to ban reporters from two newspapers following the Lord Triesman revelations.

Newcastle have banned the Mail on Sunday and sister paper the Daily Mail from all games and press conferences after the Sunday paper published comments made by Triesman which had been secretly recorded by a friend of his. As a result Triesman resigned as chairman of the Football Association and England's bid for the 2018 World Cup.

Newcastle had been considering a request from the Daily Mail for a previous ban to be revoked when the story was published last week.

The club said in a statement: "The Daily Mail have recently made approaches through the Association of Editors for the ban to be reviewed. Newcastle United Football Club were considering that request when The Mail on Sunday decided to publish its disgraceful story about Lord Triesman.

"That story was not in the best interest of English football and has had enormous adverse repercussions already with regard to the 2018 World Cup bid. Newcastle United Football Club supports the stance taken by Gary Lineker who has ceased to provide a column for the newspaper and has been outspoken in his criticism.

"The Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday, will be unwelcome at Newcastle United for the foreseeable future. The club has also written to the Premier League and all other Premier League chairmen, asking for their support in Newcastle's stance against these publications."

Championes, Championes, ole, ole, ole!

We are Premier league, say we are Premier league!

Guest toonlass

Banning the paper with best sports section oh well I will still be buying it & the Journal as my morning read.

You have to be kidding right? The best sports section?  :lol: Have you never read The Times or The Independent? They piss on the Daily Outrage.

The Mail's actions were a disgrace, and a part of me would like to see them suffer a complete ban from the Premiership. The difficulty is though in maintaining consistency. If every paper was to be banned because of irresponsible behaviour, there wouldn't be any left.

If it teaches the others a lesson, then fine, but I don't think it will.

Well done I say. I could never get my head round the fact they would publish something that would be so detrimental to Englands WC 2018 chances. Fucking Morons.

:thup:

If it was someone currently popular like Fulham doing this, absolutely everyone on here would have that opinion.

if lord treesman did make those comments then they should be reported, regardless of consequences.

DOnt see the point in nufc getting involved.  More likely that fat mike has personal vendetta with someone at the DMail.

Let's forget about the damage it has caused the bid and the whether such damage for no benefit should play a part in whether to run a story. A personal conversation where the bloke is trying to impress a lass should be reported on regardless? How is that in anyones interest?

The daily mail clearly cannot moderate themselves well enough, so it's great to see clubs like ours doing their small bit to nudge them and others away from this negative culture of sensationalist and damaging bullshit.

Guest toonlass

So were they banned over the Triesman thing, or were they already banned?

Already banned.