Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Antigalican

Isn't the WC finished, who won/are playing?

England. Heskey golden boot.

Read in the paper yesterday Heskey started something like 15 games for Villa last season. The mind boggles how he started our first two games in the WC.

It was obvious Germany would batter all, and I told all you chumps beforehand. It's Germany, man. God knows how they do it, but they almost always do.

I don't get it either. But they do. Makes you sick, doesn't it?

The most baffling thing is that Germany hasn't had - on paper - a great squad since probably the mid-90s, and their players never quite excel at club level. Yet they have kept getting to the business end of most major tournaments, and they may well win this one.

They somehow manage to play like a club side, with great tactical movement and solidness, while most other NTs are always much less sophisticated and organized (Spain for example just doesn't have the penetration of the Barcelona side even though they try to be the NT version of it).

Aye, but they don't quite play the same way. Xavi plays more upfield, Iniesta in the right wing, etc... One of the things I noticed in Spain is how often players get on each others' toes while moving in attacking positions.

That happens with most NTs, however. They will just never have the fluidity of a well drilled club side. England had very bad tactical movement for example, even Holland hasn't had bursts of great teamplay for most of the tournament. But Germany have some incredible teamplay.

The most baffling thing is that Germany hasn't had - on paper - a great squad since probably the mid-90s, and their players never quite excel at club level. Yet they have kept getting to the business end of most major tournaments, and they may well win this one.

They somehow manage to play like a club side, with great tactical movement and solidness, while most other NTs are always much less sophisticated and organized (Spain for example just doesn't have the penetration of the Barcelona side even though they try to be the NT version of it).

Infuriating is another word you could use. 

I don't think I buy this argument about it all being the result of the German academy structure either.  Or it only explains why they are developing talented players.  How exactly you get 20 year olds like Ozul & Muller demonstrating that sort of maturity and discipline is something else.

Aye, but they don't quite play the same way. Xavi plays more upfield, Iniesta in the right wing, etc... One of the things I noticed in Spain is how often players get on each others' toes while moving in attacking positions.

That happens with most NTs, however. They will just never have the fluidity of a well drilled club side. England had very bad tactical movement for example, even Holland hasn't had bursts of great teamplay for most of the tournament. But Germany have some incredible teamplay.

:aww: Glad we're having an effect on you.

I don't think I buy this argument about it all being the result of the German academy structure either.  Or it only explains why they are developing talented players.  How exactly you get 20 year olds like Ozul & Muller demonstrating that sort of maturity and discipline is something else.

I've never seen someone so angry over something. Please, keep it coming.

Starting to feel a little nervous about tonight. The only thing between us and a World Cup final is bloody Uruguay. We have to watch out for underestimation here, but bloody hell, it's doable alright!

:tickedoff:

all match i'm going to be calling forlan "underestimation".....""underestimation's unmarked man", "pass man underestimastion you greedy twat".

Starting to feel a little nervous about tonight. The only thing between us and a World Cup final is bloody Uruguay. We have to watch out for underestimation here, but bloody hell, it's doable alright!

:tickedoff:

all match i'm going to be calling forlan "underestimation".....""underestimation's unmarked man", "pass man underestimastion you greedy t***".

He's their only player.. ;)

I've never seen someone so angry over something. Please, keep it coming.

You've not been around here for long then.

Oh shut the fuck up, I was pissed off that they did that with the QFs tbh, just means people miss football because they're at work. Viewing figures > Player fitness.

The last point is right, unfortunately, but it could have been delivered in a far less arsey way.

My shut the fuck up was meant in a jovial manner! I was planning to edit in a few smilies, but never got round to it. No offence intended.

I'm just not gonna accept little gripes like that from the Spanishes just because they have 1 less day of rest, it's really unimportant. Try following England, they're getting plenty of rest :(

I would be moaning if it was England getting 1 less day. Honestly! Biggest game in football, although when it comes down to it I doubt there'd be that much effect caused as adrenaline takes over, etc.

Lineker mentioned it in regards to the 1990 semi, though, so it does play some part.

Honestly, I think it's pretty important given it's the biggest game in football. Again, not particularly taking for granted that we are going to take part in the final, but either us or the Germans have a valid complain there to be honest.