Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

One of the tutors at work just came in humming a tune which I recognised and whilst I was attempting to figure it out she went: "Sing, Sing Africaaaa". I'm sure that was the jingle from ITV's World Cup coverage :lol:

One of the tutors at work just came in humming a tune which I recognised and whilst I was attempting to figure it out she went: "Sing, Sing Africaaaa". I'm sure that was the jingle from ITV's World Cup coverage :lol:

Done that too over the last few weeks. Just randomly blurted out "sing sing Africa"!

Jingle. :lol:

:thup:

Jingle. :lol:

:thup:

:laugh: I had no idea it was a full length track. Brilliant!

Guest firetotheworks

Dave, do you know every song with the word 'Africa' in it? I seem to remember you absolutely bumming 'Africa' by Toto. Rightly so, mind.

Dave, do you know every song with the word 'Africa' in it? I seem to remember you absolutely bumming 'Africa' by Toto. Rightly so, mind.

:lol:

Googled it weeks ago, the guy was on ITV to play one programme out too. :)

:lol:

Googled it weeks ago, the guy was on ITV to play one programme out too. :)

Oh crikey, I remember that now. Well actually I vaguely remember the missus saying to me "What's this? I thought you were watching the football", and me thinking 'Aye, what is this?'

Makes sense now like :lol:

"Their midfielders at this World Cup were Melo, Gilberto Silva, Kleberson, Ramires. There's a serious lack of creativity in that lot"

Yet how many attacking Brazilian fullbacks can you think of though?

Aye, loads:  Maicon, Dani Alves, Maxwell, Marcelo, Aurelio, Andre Santos, Kleber, Filipe Luis, Fabio, Rafael, Cicinho, Adriano, Bastos. In the past Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Carlos Alberto etc..

Which is true but then again haven't Brazil have always have a history of attacking full backs? They've also had a long history of great ball playing midfielders, which they definitely don't atm. I literally can't think of a genuine central midfielder they have.

At the moment I can think of Gilberto Silva, Melo, Ramires, Thiago Motta, Lucas, Josue, Sandro...there's no Socrates, Rivelino, Zico types around.

They have but it seems a lot of the talent is being forced into them postions as the cloggers get central spots.

I liked the BBC's theme better.

Sorry again, ITV! :lol:

"Their midfielders at this World Cup were Melo, Gilberto Silva, Kleberson, Ramires. There's a serious lack of creativity in that lot"

Aye, loads:  Maicon, Dani Alves, Maxwell, Marcelo, Aurelio, Andre Santos, Kleber, Filipe Luis, Fabio, Rafael, Cicinho, Adriano, Bastos. In the past Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Carlos Alberto etc..

Which is true but then again haven't Brazil have always have a history of attacking full backs? They've also had a long history of great ball playing midfielders, which they definitely don't atm. I literally can't think of a genuine central midfielder they have.

At the moment I can think of Gilberto Silva, Melo, Ramires, Thiago Motta, Lucas, Josue, Sandro...there's no Socrates, Rivelino, Zico types around.

One player to look out for is Paolo Henrique Ganso of Santos.....I think Neymar is a bit overhyped but Ganso looks the real deal....a proper playmaker that Brazil have been lacking in producing in recent years.

One player to look out for is Paolo Henrique Ganso of Santos.....I think Neymar is a bit overhyped but Ganso looks the real deal....a proper playmaker that Brazil have been lacking in producing in recent years.

Aye there was a bit of outrage Dunga didn't select him for the WC2010 squad. He looks a talented individual. With him and Neymar (and all young Brazillians) it'll be interesting to see what happens when they move to Europe.

Must have realised he's gotten away with murder going this far, so it's better to quit himself rather than being dropped. Sort of a, "You can't fire me! I QUIT!" scenario. :lol:

(In regards to Heskey).

Must have realised he's gotten away with murder going this far, so it's better to quit himself rather than being dropped. Sort of a, "You can't fire me! I QUIT!" scenario. :lol:

(In regards to Heskey).

Exactly. Thank god he did this. It's been downhill ever since he poked his head back into the England fold a few years ago.