Report: Alan Smith to leave NUFC in January?

Thespence

• 4 weeks later...

The hate for him is a bit far in my opinion. Terrible footballer like, but helped keep the club together when we went down and for that I am grateful. Would like to see him go but some of the hate is embarassing.

Agree.

The hate for him is a bit far in my opinion. Terrible footballer like, but helped keep the club together when we went down and for that I am grateful. Would like to see him go but some of the hate is embarassing.

:thup:

:thup:

Agreed, though i would obviousely happy to see him leave.

He's a cowardly, terrible footballer with not an ounce of integrity.

Bang on. He's already turned the chance of football at Leeds.

He'd rather make more money not playing than drop down a division and actually earn his money. Greedy prick.

True.

Still think he really was important in our CCC season when he captained the side for the majority of the first half. Only after January he faded away because we had found our midfield CM with Guthrie and Nolan.

He'd rather make more money not playing than drop down a division and actually earn his money. Greedy prick.

If someone offered you double your salary to sit at home and do nowt, would you?

Smith admitted in an interview with The Times before we ever signed him, that he hadn't fully recovered from the surgery he had had  at Manchester United and that he never would or could be the player he was before the injury. We signed him anyhow on a long lucrative contract, hardly Smith's fault.

If someone offered you double your salary to sit at home and do nowt, would you?

Or even better, to have matchday packages for some games with access to the dressing room before and after the game, after-match dinners, and a seat with perfect view at SJP (at least for some matches).

I probably would. I'd also laugh at anyone who called me a 'good pro' or asserted that I 'held the club together'.