Report: Alan Smith to leave NUFC in January?

Thespence

Smith played OK last season, can't deny that. But he's on something stupid like £55k/week, has been here for 4 years and has been utterly shite for 3 of those seasons.

I realise I'm probably biting to someone on a windup, but he's right up there with Luque, Boumsong and Owen for being a spectacular waste of money.

Seems a good bloke though, never caused any bother and always kept out the press, got his head down and worked hard. No bad feeling towards him, but really will be glad to see the back of him.

He may have been good for morale, but we could hire whole circus of clowns to do entertainment in the dressing room for a fraction of Smith's wages.

Smith played OK last season, can't deny that. But he's on something stupid like £55k/week, has been here for 4 years and has been utterly s**** for 3 of those seasons.

I realise I'm probably biting to someone on a windup, but he's right up there with Luque, Boumsong and Owen for being a spectacular waste of money.

Seems a good bloke though, never caused any bother and always kept out the press, got his head down and worked hard. No bad feeling towards him, but really will be glad to see the back of him.

He may have been good for morale, but we could hire whole circus of clowns to do entertainment in the dressing room for a fraction of Smith's wages.

Stopped reading after that.

Neither am I but I'm not worth £50kpw at anything and neither is he.

I dunno like mate. I'd pay you £50kpw to be Smith's replacement.

You've got more chance of scoring.

I'm ever so grateful Smith stayed with us after relegation, to take thousands of pounds per week to run around, mistackle and generally hide away from possession.

Player of the century tbh.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20100507/smith-takes-top-merit-marks-prize_2281670_2045314

That has Jonas as our second best player, with Harper and Lovenkrands ahead of Coloccini :facepalm:

As a person he is not shit, that's all i want say.

He's not paid to be a nice person though, unfortunately he was paid because a few mugs thought he could still play football.

Good riddance. Contributed the grand sum of fuck all on the pitch since he came.

I'm ever so grateful Smith stayed with us after relegation, to take thousands of pounds per week to run around, mistackle and generally hide away from possession.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20100507/smith-takes-top-merit-marks-prize_2281670_2045314

That has Jonas as our second best player, with Harper and Lovenkrands ahead of Coloccini :facepalm:

What a load of f***ing s****.  Never heard anything more ridiculous in my short-life.

Ranger ahead of both Williamson and Taylor. :lol:

Fair enough, and just like wor lass, you'd get a good five mins out of me...and when I shoot, I score.  :pow:

Fuking hell, I should have just deleted this post like I nearly did 3 times there.  :lol:

Smith played OK last season, can't deny that. But he's on something stupid like £55k/week, has been here for 4 years and has been utterly s**** for 3 of those seasons.

:lol: :thup:

Delighted with this news. Never wished ill harm on Smith, if a player gets booted out of Man U and lands on his feet at newcastle on whatever wedge he was signed on, he's going to take it. And it's going to be hard to shift him. I don't think he hides on the pitch on purpose, he's just so behind the game now that that's all he can do, disappear and then show up for a 'crunching' tackle that endangers both our team and the player he's tackling.

But thank fuck that one of the players that summed up this club in recent years is finally getting shafted out. Sounds stupid but it genuinely gets me more excited for the summer than rumours of Gervinho, Gameiro etc. It shows truly that mistakes are being rectified, and Pardew moves sharply past a couple of others in the management stakes as he is the one to finally decide Smith just isn't good enough.

Fair enough, and just like wor lass, you'd get a good five mins out of me...and when I shoot, I score.  :pow:

Fuking hell, I should have just deleted this post like I nearly did 3 times there.  :lol:

You may not have the stamina but you have got the heart! "it's gonna be shit, but fuck it I'll do it anyway".

Know him personally?

Know him personally?

Tbf, I was under the impression this probably was Alan Smith. Or his mum.

As a person he is not s***, that's all i want say.

Know him personally?

....Alan, is that you?

When I said "last season" I meant in the Championship. The season gone I still count as "This season". Should have made that clearer. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

When I said "last season" I meant in the Championship. The season gone I still count as "This season". Should have made that clearer. :lol:

I'd still probably have stopped reading tbh. :lol: He did okay for the first bit of that season, but it was the switch of Guthrie to the middle and having Routledge on the right that made things monumentally easier for us.

Nah, even in the Championship he was shit. He's been so counter productive every time out on the pitch for us at any level.

I like the idea of players getting stuck but he just took to such a destructive and unproductive level.

Hard to believe he played in the thrashing of Villa back in August.

Just think he found his level in the Championship. He wasn't great, I'm not suggesting that, just that he wasn't massively out of his depth like he was in the PL. I agree that even in the Championship we were a better, more productive team without him in the side but I didn't cringe anywhere near as badly when I saw his name on the teamsheet. He did a (mediocre) job.

In the first half of the Championship, Smith was definitely a better option than Butt!

But back to the subject at hand, Smith being told to leave...............:celb: :celb: :celb: YAY!

As a person he is not s***, that's all i want say.

Know him personally?

....Alan, is that you?

:wat: