Other teams you're cheering for in the World Cup

QBG

Of course first and foremost we're all, aside from the foreigners on the board, supporting England, but I'm interested to know what other teams people have taken a liking to and wouldn't mind doing well. I've narrowed it down to 5.

1. Holland - The Dutch are a really nice bunch of people and they've always seemed to be a good footballing side. Travesty that they haven't won the World Cup yet considering the teams they've had.

2. Denmark - Mainly for Lovenkrands, even though he's not in the squad, and Jon Dahl Tommason. (sp?)

3. South Korea - Korean women, enough said.

4. Ghana - Loved seeing them play so far, wish they could finish better. Would like to see them beat the US on Saturday. Sorry Mike.

5. Portugal - I know they've beat us twice on penalties, but I'll be going for the 4th time in August. Really nice place and the people are always friendly.

On the other side of the coin, any teams you'd like to see knocked as early as possible?

1. Germany - Obvious.

2. Argentina - I'm not one of these people that loves Maradona, he's still a cheating c***, I hate Lionel Messi and would take great pleasure in punching him repeatedly.

3. Spain - Sorry VI, but I'm sick of the hype around them. Hope Chile beat them.

4. Brazil - Can't be arsed having them win it again.

5. USA - I've nothing against them really, just that goal against us still annoys me and I've developed an irrational hatred of Donovan and Dempsey.

I did want Argentina to progress for Jonas' sake but not now they're in our side of the draw so hoping for a Mexico miracle (having said that I'd love to see them stuff the Germans if they beat us).

USA.

Of fucking course not. Fuck you, Mike.

The Swiss.  The reasons:

1. I like Alexander Frei, Deridyok, Inler, and Barnetta.  I'm also fond of Hakan Yakin's name.

2. I lived there for a year.

3. Ottmar Hitzfeld is brilliant.

This casual interest will end as soon as Euro 2010 qualifiers begin. 

Guest BooBoo

USA as the few Americans I've spoken to have always been polite and welcoming. I also would like to see South Korea do well, although I don't really know why.

USA as the few Americans I've spoken to have always been polite and welcoming. I also would like to see South Korea do well, although I don't really know why.

By that reckoning, you should root for Japan. They're always bowing and shit.

Holland for the money on them and Van Persie/Sneijder/Robben love all 3 of those. Good team. Is Robben going to be back for the K/O's? Heard he could have been back today hope he is back at some point.