The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Papers have picked it up as well.  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2078003/Stan-Collymore-Twitter-fan-asks-When-going-hang-like-Gary-Speed-negrito.html

I would imagine that questions would have been asked in Parliament had they not been on their Xmas holidays. Hopefully it gets picked up properly in the new year.

Worst rated comment with 36 net downvotes

this type of view and comment is hopefully still restricted to a very small minority in our population. I am afraid it reflects a failure in our education system and also reflects the increasingly poor moral standards in the UK and increasingly reduced role of the family to provide appropriate "role models" . I despair re such comments and the ignorannce and bigotry which they portray.

- dave lindsey, scotlland, 23/12/2011 14:25

Highest rated comment with 350 net upvotes

The more the anti-racist groups and PC advocates go on about racism the more they actually perpetuate and intensify the trait. It's the same with everything that liberalism touches - it either destroys or has the opposite effect.

- Dai, Edinburgh, 23/12/2011 15:07

Mail readers...

That pretty much explains it.....

Still can't get my head round how the self-delusioned behaviour of Liverpool fans has spread to Sweden. I'm in a discussion panel on a big site. I strongly questioned their behaviour and called for them to just condemn it and not back him. He has no reason to speak about Evra's skin colour, nor is the meaning of the word "negrito" important.

The reaction is fantastic. They're calling me a pig and some of them are saying I should be "ashamed" for saying such things. Lovely as it just confirms what we already knew - only now on an international level. No self respect what so ever.

Swedish Liverpool fan tweeting abuse at me now as well. Just gets better.

So presumably seeing as racism is less common in football and society in general now, there must also be less anti-racist groups and less PC advocates going on about racism.  Because otherwise it would have increased, naturally.

Eh, ok.

It's more about the witch hunt nowadays really. Every single word needs to be carefully thought through. It really is tedious at times, and people react accordingly.

As usual, what the fuck are you going on about? :doh:

Guest Heneage

LiterallyJamie Not Jamie Redknapp

I was convinced Liverpool would keep a clean sheet, to be fair. You can usually rely on them to defend the indefensible.

LiterallyJamie Not Jamie Redknapp

Breaking; Liverpool appeal Charlie Adam's own goal, claiming that own goals don't count in his third world home country.

Papers have picked it up as well.  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2078003/Stan-Collymore-Twitter-fan-asks-When-going-hang-like-Gary-Speed-negrito.html

I would imagine that questions would have been asked in Parliament had they not been on their Xmas holidays. Hopefully it gets picked up properly in the new year.

Worst rated comment with 36 net downvotes

this type of view and comment is hopefully still restricted to a very small minority in our population. I am afraid it reflects a failure in our education system and also reflects the increasingly poor moral standards in the UK and increasingly reduced role of the family to provide appropriate "role models" . I despair re such comments and the ignorannce and bigotry which they portray.

- dave lindsey, scotlland, 23/12/2011 14:25

Highest rated comment with 350 net upvotes

The more the anti-racist groups and PC advocates go on about racism the more they actually perpetuate and intensify the trait. It's the same with everything that liberalism touches - it either destroys or has the opposite effect.

- Dai, Edinburgh, 23/12/2011 15:07

Mail readers...

that newspaper/website is just horrible lol,  the only thing worse than the mail is their readers.

Sunderland, Norwich, Swansea & Blackburn = 4 points. :lol:

We can go there and WIN! COME OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!

I'm actually looking forward to the game on Friday now (still buzzing from today's win and Ben Arfa's contribution methinks).

Their stat based midfield signings (Downing and Henderson) really haven't paid off at all.

Although, you'd think that two of the best deliverers of the ball in the EPL last season should at least muster a few goals with the best target man from last season...