The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews

Sky Sources: Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins holds 2 hour meeting with Brendan Rodgers

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews

Sky Sources: Liverpool have not made an approach for permission to talk to Brendan Rodgers. Full details as we get it on #SSN

Cant even attract a manager whose battled relegation two years in a row and just survived in the final games.

Incredible what the world really thinks of them compared to their own perception of themselves.

It's almost certainly because of Roy Hogdson's experience imo

Happy for him too, do rate him somewhat (not too highly though) and Liverpool would have ended up ruining his reputation in no time. Hahahahaha Liverpool, they'll end up with Avram Grant

I do hope that the renewed Rodgers talk is because Martinez told them to go fuck themselves then hold a self-pity party (although he's too nice to do that, of course :love:)

On the appointment of their new manager: "To be honest its not a question of first, second or third choice, its what is right for the club and sometimes it takes a while for things to get together. In our initial scouting and reports he wasn't in the list simply down to him moving to a new club not so long ago, but after careful consideration we came to the conclusion he was our man and made the approach, and on behalf of Liverpool football club I'd like to wish Martin O'Neil the best of luck in his new job here as manager"

On the appointment of their new manager: "To be honest its not a question of first, second or third choice, its what is right for the club and sometimes it takes a while for things to get together. In our initial scouting and reports he wasn't in the list simply down to him moving to a new club not so long ago, but after careful consideration we came to the conclusion he was our man and made the approach, and on behalf of Liverpool football club I'd like to wish Martin O'Neil the best of luck in his new job here as manager"

Looking more and more likely as each day goes by

Still 40/1 at William Hill as well

Guest bimpy474

Martinez (if) turning them down will bring out some smashing scouse hospitality, "not good enough for us", "who does he think he is" and the ever popular "we are the mighty Liverpool, we deserve only the best".

I've applied actually, just popped it in the postbox,  addressed to "Cunts, Nr Wales".

Rodgers wasn't happy with the prospect of being interviewed, I think he'll like being sloppy seconds even less.

He just didnt want to jeopardise his current position over speculation. Played it correctly, if offered the job i reckon he'd jump at it, sloppy seconds or not.

Looking more and more likely as each day goes by

Still 40/1 at William Hill as well

390 on Betfair. Might stick a couple quid down. :lol:

'Swansea City can today confirm a transfer fee and personal terms have been agreed for Hoffenheim midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson,' said a statement on the club's official website.

'A club record offer of £6.8million has been accepted by the German club, and the 22-year-old is expected in Swansea later this week to undergo a medical before the move is confirmed.'