The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Sky Sports understands Bolton are one of five clubs chasing Liverpool midfielder Jay Spearing.

Thought he was one of their better prospects?  Would it not be worth trying to develop this lad instead of spending money on guys like Allen?

Have to admit I thought he was younger than 23, mind.

Sky Sports understands Bolton are one of five clubs chasing Liverpool midfielder Jay Spearing.

Thought he was one of their better prospects?  Would it not be worth trying to develop this lad instead of spending money on guys like Allen?

someone finally noticed he's useless

eh? he's a train wreck of a footballer

I feel so sorry for Wacko on this forum at times :lol:

I don't have to read this thread, like.

I do get the odd opportunity to gloat, too. At least, I'm pretty certain I used to. It's been a good long while :(

Think I may have mentally merged Spearing and Sterling into one person.

Hate Sunderland the most obviously, but these come in a close second.

They genuinely believe they are untouchable, aided by a seemingly endless group of ex pro's coming out on a seemingly weekly basis to defend the clubs latest goof or humiliation. They are one of the biggest clubs in the world (got to admit that), yet they seem to desperate to remind everyone frequently when they forget the fact.

Also as a result of their previous success, their support's fickleness is ignored. Look at the attendance under Hodgson when they played Bolton at home. 35, 500. At the mearest hint of indifferent results they stopped filling Anfield. How on earth would they have coped if they had experienced what we have? Dalglish got away with it due to the laughable spell he had them all under.

Would love to see it but probably never will, but a good old relegation needs to happen to these.

Think I may have mentally merged Spearing and Sterling into one person.

Been dipping in the conspiracy thread too much. ;)

Guest Recoba

Was in the union rooms pre-Spurs with Soccer Saturday on, every WBA goal against Liverpool was cheered like a Newcastle goal. It's not limited to the forum.

That would be the same whether it was Man United or Chelsea.  People dislike big teams/cheer the underdog.  Brazil were getting booed at St James v Honduras!

I'm not saying I like Liverpool, just this is obviously a thread with a lot of legs and that surprises me.  Personally, I would rather Liverpool beat Man U.  If one man is entitlement it is Alex Ferguson.  Them beating us to the league in 96.  Hammering us in the Charity Shield.  Getting revenge in the 5-0 then finishing runners up again.  Beating us the in FA Cup final in 1999 and semis in 05.  I will always get more satisfaction beating them.  With the mackems a perrenial joke I tended to think of Man U as our biggest rivals.  The couple of glory hunters in my school supported Man U too.

I felt, last season, beating Man U was more satisfying because they were champions.  The gold standard is beating them.  Hammering Liverpool was just hilarious, laugh at Dalglish, Enrique, Carroll.  Don't get me wrong, I hate Dalglish for selling Ginola and Ferdinand, two of my all time favorite players.  I just dont really rate Liverpool as a scalp in the same way I do Man U.  :dontknow:

Irrational football hatred is great though.  I felt Wolves "deserved" to go down last season for knocking us out the FA Cup in 03.  ;D

Spawned its own hashtags now.  #FullKitWankers  #KopiteBehaviour

Kopite behaviour is a term that's been used by blues for ages. They tried to reclaim it with a banner at a derby game.

Most of the full kit pics did the rounds a while back too, just that other fans are cottoning on to what a gang of weirdos that lot are now  :smugdog:

Philippe Auclair ‏@PhilippeAuclair

Very interesting stuff from Brendan Rodgers on Downing playing left-back for LFC: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/28/brendan-rodgers-stewart-downing-liverpool?newsfeed=true Why not? George Male and all that.

Expand

Reply  Retweet  Favorite

please fucking do it Brendan  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was in the union rooms pre-Spurs with Soccer Saturday on, every WBA goal against Liverpool was cheered like a Newcastle goal. It's not limited to the forum.

That would be the same whether it was Man United or Chelsea.  People dislike big teams/cheer the underdog.  Brazil were getting booed at St James v Honduras!

I'm not saying I like Liverpool, just this is obviously a thread with a lot of legs and that surprises me.  Personally, I would rather Liverpool beat Man U.  If one man is entitlement it is Alex Ferguson.  Them beating us to the league in 96.  Hammering us in the Charity Shield.  Getting revenge in the 5-0 then finishing runners up again.  Beating us the in FA Cup final in 1999 and semis in 05.  I will always get more satisfaction beating them.  With the mackems a perrenial joke I tended to think of Man U as our biggest rivals.  The couple of glory hunters in my school supported Man U too.

I felt, last season, beating Man U was more satisfying because they were champions.  The gold standard is beating them.  Hammering Liverpool was just hilarious, laugh at Dalglish, Enrique, Carroll.  Don't get me wrong, I hate Dalglish for selling Ginola and Ferdinand, two of my all time favorite players.  I just dont really rate Liverpool as a scalp in the same way I do Man U.  :dontknow:

Irrational football hatred is great though.  I felt Wolves "deserved" to go down last season for knocking us out the FA Cup in 03.  ;D

That's something I've wondered. This is the Liverpool thread, so I expect to see a lot of vitriol directed at LFC, but I'm surprised that NUFC fans seem to hate us more than Man Utd, who have unquestionably pissed somewhat more vigourously on the NUFC bonfire than we ever have.

I can understand if it's down to our fans, though. Liverpool fans, especially Scousers, can be a bit, err, special.

Philippe Auclair ‏@PhilippeAuclair

Very interesting stuff from Brendan Rodgers on Downing playing left-back for LFC: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/28/brendan-rodgers-stewart-downing-liverpool?newsfeed=true Why not? George Male and all that.

Expand

Reply  Retweet  FavoriteI

please f***ing do it Brendan  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a very vague memory of Lennon coming up against Downing at LB once. Brummie, was that against you lot?

Re Man United.

The difference is that Man Utd have been one of the best teams in the world for 25 years. They do think they are entitled but at least they ARE good.

Can't have any complaints being mullered by Man Utd every year, as annoying as it might be. Liverpool on the other hand.