The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Seems the first article is based on the figures from the second link.  And yeah, an entirely different angle from your argument.  A straight forward transfer fees total would be good if anyone knows where to look for one.

But that's looking at how much players are worth, not how much people spent on them.

The point is if you spend a load of money, you're expected to climb the table. If the players you bought weren't worth the money, that's your problem.

Yup.

Just doesn't make sense to me, not sure how it is quantifiable.

Liv should be competing with Arsenal and Spurs, there's no getting around that. They started from a stronger base than us and have spent a lot on top of that. We are in the next band down right now ie Everton, Swansea and the overperforming Wba.

Think the american investors have the CL as their baseline...You only need to look at Rodgers grandoise statements about 3rd and so on he's made over the last couple of months.

“I am very happy at Liverpool but you never know in football,” said Suarez, speaking in his homeland ahead of their World Cup qualifier with Paraguay on Friday.

“A player’s ambition is always there, the ambition of wanting to play in elite teams is always there.

“I’m in a world-class team, an elite team like Liverpool. We have to realise we have a new manager who is imposing a philosophy and a way of playing that the players are adapting to as best we can. We hope that it will bear fruit next year.

“If another team comes around with more prospects of competing in international club competition games, which is willing to have me, they are welcome.

“We would talk to the club, we would see if I want to go, if I don’t want to go.”

Everything about him going is awesome. Improves the PL that slight bit. And sends the bindippers spiraling into anger/depression/even more bitterness to laugh at. On the condition that they don't finally learn how to re-invest sufficiently. :undecided:

No doubt a talent, but his talent doesn't outweigh his character which has been one of the worst I've witnessed in football never mind this league or this time period. Absolutely glad to see him gone, hope the scouse cunts gets a shit deal as well with him instigating it and forcing them in to a sale.

Just been reminded of Ian Rush playing for us in another thread. Reading his wiki...

Rush was used sporadically during his first season at the club as Liverpool had a policy of bringing in young talent and playing them in the reserves to learn 'the Liverpool way'. Rush was treated no differently and had to begin his time at the club as a squad member rather than being thrown into the first team.

That Liverpool way bollocks has been around that long? :anguish:

Just been reminded of Ian Rush playing for us in another thread. Reading his wiki...

Rush was used sporadically during his first season at the club as Liverpool had a policy of bringing in young talent and playing them in the reserves to learn 'the Liverpool way'. Rush was treated no differently and had to begin his time at the club as a squad member rather than being thrown into the first team.

That Liverpool way bollocks has been around that long? :anguish:

Doesn't the "Liverpool Way" go back to Shankly when they were actually good, and is now being held up in order to claim a continuity with that success, a tradition of excellence which has actually been severed before some posters on this board were born...?

A documentary on Liverpool football club has been nominated for an Emmy.

Being: Liverpool, a six-part fly-on-the-wall series that provided a behind-the-scenes look at the team in July and August 2012, is in the running for 'Outstanding Editing' in the 34th Annual Sports Emmy Awards.

The premiere aired on September 16, 2012 in the UK as Liverpool travelled to Boston for their pre-season, before concluding on October 26 with the squad's Premier League encounter with Manchester City.

Show commissioner Michael Bloom said: "It's a great honour for us to be nominated alongside such distinguished programming and it's a tribute to our production team's talent as well as the incredible trust Liverpool put in us.

"From start to finish it was an exhilarating experience. Being as close to the action and characters as it was all unfolding was amazing. We did what no-one had really done before.

"The incredible access we were granted and the trust the club had in us made the process quite enjoyable."

The awards ceremony for this year's Sports Emmy Awards will take place at Frederick P Rose Hall, Lincoln Center in New York on May 7.

'We won the editing'