The Liverpool Thread

Parky

I reckon we'll sell him alright. We're just after a higher bid.

Got to make back the Carroll money somehow :(

Carroll

Bought for 35m

Sold for 17m

Net -18m

Suarez

Bought for 22m

Sell for 40m

Net +18m

There, you've made back your Carroll money.

No, wait a minute! We'll get 40m + £1 for Suarez.

We're ahead!

I reckon we'll sell him alright. We're just after a higher bid.

Got to make back the Carroll money somehow :(

Even if you get a higher bid, how are you going to replace him with a player of similar quality, unless you're in the Champions League.

We weren't in the CL when we signed Suarez …

and Suarez then is not Suarez now.  B-Rod was telling us all just how much he had improved him as recently as yesterday

If Suarez had been an ordinary player, Liverpool would have got rid of him long ago. They stuck by him not as a favour to him, but as a favour to themselves, and in the process they themselves did nothing to enhance the good name of their club.

I can understand them wanting to keep Suarez, and their need to put up a battle, but they really need to climb down off their high horse.

Exactly. They'd have finished around 10th without him imo.

Have they strengthened their defence in any way this summer? With Carragher retiring, doubt over Skrtel, Agger's fitness problems and Coates seemingly not wanted by Rodgers, it's the one area I thought they would address. To my knowledge they have done nothing to that end. Going forward they are very good now IMO, with or without Suarez.

Guest bimpy474

Have they strengthened their defence in any way this summer? With Carragher retiring, doubt over Skrtel, Agger's fitness problems and Coates seemingly not wanted by Rodgers, it's the one area I thought they would address. To my knowledge they have done nothing to that end. Going forward they are very good now IMO, with or without Suarez.

Kolo Toure was signed.

Guest bimpy474

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Screen-Shot-2012-11-25-at-7.54.49-AM.png

:lol:

Kolo Toure was signed.

That's right. Forgot about him. So he's most likely to be Carragher's replacement. Still need a "marquee" player to partner Agger.

Guest bimpy474

Kolo Toure was signed.

That's right. Forgot about him. So he's most likely to be Carragher's replacement. Still need a "marquee" player to partner Agger.

They still have Skirtel, i assume if he went then another defender would come in.

Kolo Toure was signed.

They still have Skirtel, i assume if he went then another defender would come in.

By all accounts he wasn't himself last season, and earlier seemed to be on his way out.

Guest bimpy474

Kolo Toure was signed.

By all accounts he wasn't himself last season, and earlier seemed to be on his way out.

He wanted to leave thinking a big club was coming in for him, didn't happen so he was left out. Maybe he's repaired the bridges he burnt.

apparently the racist cannibal is now going to stay "because of the support of the liverpool fans blah blah blah" and even get a shiny new contract (with a large pay rise no doubt and in big bold letters I get out if we dont get to CL at this price)