The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Brenton Rodgers - what an utter bell-end!

"He talked Balitelli through what Rodgers describes as his CORE principles. Commitment, Ownership, Responsibilities, Excellence. He explained in more detail what each one means. How a player had to take ownership of his role and responsibility for his own destiny.

He scribbled a picture of a man with a crown on his head; because everyone is the king of their own destiny. He explained that the application of these four principles was the way to achieve consistency, comparing it to the role of a neuro surgeon whose fifth operation of the day needed to be every bit as good as his first"

Ahh man, Brenda has been on one of those corporate away days :lol:

Guest antz1uk

proper David Brent bullshit, I can't believe he's that much of a parody like, it must be someone on the wind up

"He talked Balitelli through what Rodgers describes as his CORE principles. Commitment, Ownership, Responsibilities, Excellence. He explained in more detail what each one means. How a player had to take ownership of his role and responsibility for his own destiny.

He scribbled a picture of a man with a crown on his head; because everyone is the king of their own destiny. He explained that the application of these four principles was the way to achieve consistency, comparing it to the role of a neuro surgeon whose fifth operation of the day needed to be every bit as good as his first"

It makes me cringe to listen to him, like, but I can't be the only one that hears this kind of shite at work all the time, too.

It makes me cringe to listen to him, like, but I can't be the only one that hears this kind of shite at work all the time, too.

God, no. When they start my brain turns off and my ears fold in for self-protection. I can spend hours in pointless meetings and emerge with no idea what happened other than I lost half a day. It's like the Bermuda fucking Triangle in those rooms. I've got two of them next week ffs. :(

I used to work at a bank and we had something similar in reference to customer service: SHINE. Smile, Handshake, can't remember the I, say your Name and use theirs, and E for eye contact. Anyway, when you actually put it into practice, it worked 90% of the time. People can be dicks and have their guard up and using that would actually make them pleasant to be around. It's all about application and belief sometimes.

God, no. When they start my brain turns off and my ears fold in for self-protection. I can spend hours in pointless meetings and emerge with no idea what happened other than I lost half a day. It's like the Bermuda fucking Triangle in those rooms. I've got two of them next week ffs. :(

I'm not allowed to stop listening because I'm usually the only one there or I have to translate the shit into English so they can inflict it on exponentially more people :(

I occasionally get called upon to proofread emails they want to send out across the globe. I always point out that the first three paragraphs say literally nothing, and they always respond that this is exactly as intended. It's like a corporate Wadsworth Constant.

I swear, if anyone from corporate at this company accidentally sent an email with important information in the first 200 words, it would sink without a trace because everyone's habituated to ignoring the first 3 paragraphs of any missive from corporate.

I'm not allowed to stop listening because I'm usually the only one there or I have to translate the shit into English so they can inflict it on exponentially more people :(

I occasionally get called upon to proofread emails they want to send out across the globe. I always point out that the first three paragraphs say literally nothing, and they always respond that this is exactly as intended. It's like a corporate Wadsworth Constant.

I swear, if anyone from corporate at this company accidentally sent an email with important information in the first 200 words, it would sink without a trace.

Wait, you hold one-man meetings you don't want to be in? Couldn't you...just adjourn them and go to the pub? You'd just have to agree that with your other self. And there might be pies :lol:

The only one there apart from the manager producing said manager-speak. When corporate decides to roll out whatever globally, I have to role-play the presentation/introduction with them 10 times until they feel confident enough to stand up and do the whole thing in English in front of 20 people like you who aren't listening anyway.

The only one there apart from the manager producing said manager-speak. When corporate decides to roll out whatever globally, I have to role-play the presentation/introduction with them 10 times until they feel confident enough to stand up and do the whole thing in English in front of 20 people like you who aren't listening anyway.

Hm?

Yeah, we'll do that, going forward.

Invigorating to see that our proactive, KPI-driven approach has engendered a response on the part of our invaluable team players that is characterised by significantly improved acceptance metrics vis-a-vis potential resistance points.

perfect storm the scum lose to there biggest rivals and captain fantastic fucks up big time in his last encounter against them  O0

Good question, think he was in favour prior to an injury.