The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Guest Roger Kint

Was going to say the same. Its on Sky too so will be nauseatingly painful commentary/punditry, will have to find a foreign channel to watch it on. Would settle for a straight red card for a shameful lunge and a home win.

Guest Howaythetoon

I've never been a huge Gerrard fan, but he has been a great player for Liverpool and a great player for the league, and although he has never been the cleanest of players, he deserves recognition and he will be missed as a player. Our own Shearer was never the cleanest player let's not forget. The PL will be a lesser league without him. I've enjoyed watching him over the years like.

I've never been a huge Gerrard fan, but he has been a great player for Liverpool and a great player for the league, and although he has never been the cleanest of players, he deserves recognition and he will be missed as a player. Our own Shearer was never the cleanest player let's not forget. The PL will be a lesser league without him. I've enjoyed watching him over the years like.

The PL has been without him for a couple of years now like. Liverpool's midfield might actually improve now that they don't have to give him his token appearances.

Guest Howaythetoon

Isn't he their joint top scorer? I got quite emotional watching the post match stuff, it reminded me of us with Shearer. Again say what you like about him but he has earned the plaudits, the moment, the legendary status, he has been a huge competitor and a huge player. He seems a grounded level headed person too. Good luck to him to be honest.

The coverage of Gerrard's final game has been absolutely appalling. How come we didn't see the same of Lampard, either this year or last? A similar player at a similar time who has ultimately been far more successful. I'd rather have neither but you'd think Gerrard had just died. The BBC football website has been completely devoted to him for the last fortnight and Sky have been plugging tonight's dead rubber for weeks on end.

Isn't he their joint top scorer? I got quite emotional watching the post match stuff, it reminded me of us with Shearer. Again say what you like about him but he has earned the plaudits, the moment, the legendary status, he has been a huge competitor and a huge player. He seems a grounded level headed person too. Good luck to him to be honest.

:thup: Hate the media wankfest surrounding Liverpool but find it very hard to knock Gerrard. Played for his boyhood club up until he was 34 and lifted the Champions league for them in what will always be remembered as a classic final, as cringe worthy as it sounds he has lived the dream.