The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Maybe Rodgers realises also what a fucking mess Liverpool are.

They've got no CEO, no DoF any more, no PR head, they've just sacked a bloke who was a club legend, and the owners are making no attempt whatosever to sort out a new stadium plan.

What's more, they've arranged commercial loans should the club need more transfer dosh, so they're not even putting any money in.

I heard that gobby cunt Dave Whelan this morning on the radio saying they went to Liverpool the other week, and it was as if there was nobody actually running the place - no directors present, owner not there, just a load of lower level "staff".

They then say they're going to interview about 12 people. Imagine if you were the no 1 choice, and you get your interview, only to hear that they're intending to interview another 11 managers instead of actually investing their trust in you?

The club is abysmally run at the moment, and the chances of crashing and burning are far too high for a younger manager, so I think Rodgers (who, to be honest, I suspect does well at Swansea largely on the fruits of the labours of others) did well to tell them to go and shit the bed.

Liverpool going around trying to unsettle the f*** out of every other club.

Shouldn't be allowed to do this.

Really glad Rodgers told them to get fucked, will be hysterical if more do likewise.

A mate on Facebook:

Martinez?! really?! I kno we have fallen from grace a bit but if we want to get back up into top 4 contention need someone a lot better than that, id rather have Benitez back than have Martinez, he will just be another Hodgson :(

:lol:

Guardiola over Martinez is an easy decision if possible...

Still want the King back in  :'(his throne though!!! #oncekingkennyalwayskingkenny"

It won't happen but the dream scenario is a summer of messy protests followed by Kenny being reappointed.

Guest BooBoo

Surely the fact that the manager of the second biggest club in Wales wants nothing to do with the Scousers is a 97th minute injury time goal for Parky?

Please stop.

Guest Phil K

Listening to the pompous scouse gits on Talk Sh*te Radio - "Only the biggest names like Mourinho should be considered for the biggest club in the world" Christ almighty.....they take "deluded" into orbit.

"Not long afterwards, however, someone thought better of it and the question disappeared. Maybe the suggestions were less on the lines of Pep Guardiola and José Mourinho, and more David Brent and Captain Sparrow.

Later, Liverpool's official Twitter account said the context of their tweet had been "misunderstood – we were simply looking for fan views to include on a fun online feature".

:dance:

the one thing that strikes me in this so far, they don't seem to have the faintest idea of who to go for or even what type of manager to go for

Stole my thunder there, was just about to post that too, seems strangely rudderless (certainly from the outside looking in at least)

They could have went for this guy

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Admin/BkFill/Default_image_group/2010/4/4/1270396538658/Eugene-TerreBlanche-in-Ve-001.jpg

be he's dead unfortunately

:whistle:

RAWK_Meltdown on Twitter's just posted some beauty's  :lol:

Fact was, for us, no one ever smiled quite like Kenneth Matthieson Dalglish.

(When Dalglish was sacked) I wasn't even that upset when my granny died and I cried less.

(When Dalglish was sacked) I actually had real fucking man tears streaming down my face last night.

Kenny’s own bum was the size of a small mountain.

I felt certain that I would accept Kenny’s potential sacking...then it happened and I honestly felt like I had lost a testicle.