The Liverpool Thread

Parky

From RAWK, I believe:

Imagine if you will, that we are not talking about football but that we are talking about language and Rodgers has been hired to teach our squad how to speak Chinese. He comes to the club and he realises that some of the players can understand a few basic words of Chinese but not enough to communicate effectively. He is also hampered by the lack of Chinese speaking people who are available to join us. Rodgers starts to teach the squad Chinese and some players learn more quickly than others and also adapt quicker to speaking the new language. Realising that it would help if he could bring in a fluent speaker, Rodgers moves to bring in Joe Allen and initially Joe has the required impact and the team's language skills improve. Like any new learning programme there will always be hiccups and there will also be flashes of brilliance when every word is recited perfectly but it takes time. Rodgers has had just 8 or so months to teach the squad Chinese and although the Squad is not where we would all like it to be but there is noticeable progression in their language skills as they get to grips with the new language. Imagine how good the players could be at Chinese next season when they would have had 12 months to learn the language and Rodgers is bound to bring in some more Chinese speakers in the off season that will supplement the learning of the squad and hopefully ensure better recitals next season.

We need to be patient, brave, supportive, strong, proud and most of all respectful because I genuinely believe that once this squad masters Chinese, us supporters will reap massive rewards...... YNWA

Dubious that can be real?

Wasn't there some Chinese consortium rumoured to be taking them over before Henry bought them? Maybe they got confused

I had my doubts too. Someone on Redcafe picked it up - supposedly the author is a longtime RAWKer and genuine.

From RAWK, I believe:

Imagine if you will, that we are not talking about football but that we are talking about language and Rodgers has been hired to teach our squad how to speak Chinese. He comes to the club and he realises that some of the players can understand a few basic words of Chinese but not enough to communicate effectively. He is also hampered by the lack of Chinese speaking people who are available to join us. Rodgers starts to teach the squad Chinese and some players learn more quickly than others and also adapt quicker to speaking the new language. Realising that it would help if he could bring in a fluent speaker, Rodgers moves to bring in Joe Allen and initially Joe has the required impact and the team's language skills improve. Like any new learning programme there will always be hiccups and there will also be flashes of brilliance when every word is recited perfectly but it takes time. Rodgers has had just 8 or so months to teach the squad Chinese and although the Squad is not where we would all like it to be but there is noticeable progression in their language skills as they get to grips with the new language. Imagine how good the players could be at Chinese next season when they would have had 12 months to learn the language and Rodgers is bound to bring in some more Chinese speakers in the off season that will supplement the learning of the squad and hopefully ensure better recitals next season.

We need to be patient, brave, supportive, strong, proud and most of all respectful because I genuinely believe that once this squad masters Chinese, us supporters will reap massive rewards...... YNWA

That post is so ridiculous its actually disgusting.

Guest Slippery Sam

The human bottle opener will be gone in the summer. He's not going to hang around any longer playing in the euro second tier cup.