The Liverpool Thread

Parky

• 2 weeks later...

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/relegationzone/id/1486?cc=4716

Rodgers' discomfort is palpable yet broaching the cult series has given me the opportunity to ask the one question American football fans long to pose above all others. The manager knows what is coming and sits back in his seat as I broach the infamous preseason motivational speech in which he brandished three envelopes before his squad, proclaiming they contained the names of the three players he knew would let him down in the season ahead.

"Which names were in the envelopes?" I ask.

"There were no names," he says with a wry chuckle. "There were no names."

Well, I never knew! :lol:

It worked for the one time and one time only. And Fergie used that trick 20 years before him.

The poor imitation was only used to awe unsuspecting Americans not into football into the 'Liverpool way' but it's a highly embarrassing episode to us educated football fans.

It's like watching a trick on Breaking the Magician's Code then seeing someone trying to impress with the same trick.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/relegationzone/id/1486?cc=4716

Rodgers' discomfort is palpable yet broaching the cult series has given me the opportunity to ask the one question American football fans long to pose above all others. The manager knows what is coming and sits back in his seat as I broach the infamous preseason motivational speech in which he brandished three envelopes before his squad, proclaiming they contained the names of the three players he knew would let him down in the season ahead.

"Which names were in the envelopes?" I ask.

"There were no names," he says with a wry chuckle. "There were no names."

Well, I never knew! :lol:

Bullshit they all had Downing in themm  :lol: :lol:

2 Academy coaches sacked (including the guy Benitez stole from Barca back in 2009). Rodgers refused to comment, but rumoured to been negotiating with Man City behind the scenes. Be interesting who replies them.

Jose requires a knee surgery and could be out for a lengthy period of time. As mad as it sounds, wish Downing was still around to play Left Back.

two weeks ago I had to get a Garuda flight from Bali to Jakarta - and the damn thing had a bloody great Liverpool crest on the front and "you'll never walk alone" down the side

I felt ill........................ 

Failure to win their derby and getting well beaten by Hull has to go down as a Parky goal.

The same derby against Everton who haven't lost a home league this year and have lost once this season? :lol:

People care so much about the scoreline in this thread like :lol:

I'm expecting a Channel 4 Dispatches investigation into the methodology used in calculating the score and potential bias in the NO thread title  appeal board.

Failure to win their derby and getting well beaten by Hull has to go down as a Parky goal.

The same derby against Everton who haven't lost a home league this year and have lost once this season? :lol:

Still a derby and something which they have a pretty good record in.

People care so much about the scoreline in this thread like :lol:

I'm expecting a Channel 4 Dispatches investigation into the methodology used in calculating the score and potential bias in the NO thread title  appeal board.

:lol: Always amuses me as well.

This is a very embarrassing defeat no other way to look at it. Hull are a Championship side with one good player.

they're a well organised side which most of the time is hard to beat. Not the most talented group of players but Bruce has them playing well.

Guest firetotheworks

These things happen. Man City lost to Cardiff. It's nothing to write home about unless it happens more than a few times.