The Liverpool Thread

Parky

If they bin Brennan then I fear they'll go for Klopp.  :undecided:

They may go for him but I don't think they'd get him

He might be unemployed too soon.

But not so poor that he has to take the first job he's offered.

Liverpool isn't just any job though.

It's not as glamorous as other jobs these days. He can hold out for better.

It's not as glamorous as other jobs these days. He can hold out for better.

Don't get me wrong I'd hate Klopp to go there but I think it would work for both parties.

Brenda has just ruined him for good:

Liverpool: Simon Mignolet dropped 'indefinitely' - Brendan Rodgers

Goalkeeper Simon Mignolet has been dropped "indefinitely", Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has confirmed.

The Belgian was replaced by Brad Jones for Sunday's 3-0 defeat against Manchester United, and the Australian will retain his place for Wednesday's Capital One Cup tie at Bournemouth.

"I felt I had to change it because we have to find solutions throughout the squad to be better," said Rodgers.

"I said to Simon that it's for an indefinite period."

Rodgers, whose side were eliminated from the Champions League in midweek, was pleased with the performance of former Middlesbrough goalkeeper Jones, 32, in the defeat at Old Trafford despite him conceding three goals.

The Northern Irishman now hopes Mignolet, 26, can recover his best form away from the spotlight.

He said: "Simon's been fine, he's a really good professional. I spoke to him the other day and he accepted it and understood it.

"It can sometimes happen to a keeper where you come out of the firing line and it can help you and allow you time to reflect.

"Brad's a very capable keeper so he was always going to play in the Bournemouth game anyway."

Don't think Klopp would be sacked outside of relegation, they love him there and it's quite clear he has a lot of credit saved up.

Guest neesy111

Don't think Klopp would be sacked outside of relegation, they love him there and it's quite clear he has a lot of credit saved up.

I can see him walking.

Guest antz1uk

Rodgers really has lost the plot, blaming everyone but himself, now throwing Mignolet under the bus, it's a complete cunts trick, he was his buy and has completely hung him out to dry, it's a case of a man completely out of his depth, always said you tell a good manager when things are going wrong not when they're going right, he's justl ike Pardew, a narcissistic prick that only cares about their own image

Rodgers really has lost the plot, blaming everyone but himself, now throwing Mignolet under the bus, it's a complete c***s trick, he was his buy and has completely hung him out to dry, it's a case of a man completely out of his depth, always said you tell a good manager when things are going wrong not when they're going right, he's justl ike Pardew, a narcissistic prick that only cares about their own image

So true ...

This isn't Pardew level stuff but it's getting there. :lol:

Rob Eliot's no great shakes but he doesn't dive the wrong way or fall over when someone knocks it square instead of shooting. Brad Jones looks a complete liability.

I saw a blog that pointed out in mid November that Lovren and Skrtl (sp?) were both top 7 in the league for clearances, which means that they'd been busy, not that they'd been particularly good. After Liverpool lost the title due to goals conceded last year, you'd think he'd set his team up to give the defence more cover.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30516598

It highlights all the signings and whether he reckoned they were hit or miss. Readers also benefit from Savage's deep, thoughtful, single-line analysis. My favourites:

He has made a couple of costly defensive mistakes but I like him and he is more of a wing-back because he gets forward so well.

Took one of the worst corners I can remember when he came on against Chelsea at the end of the season.

He has been decent in the last couple of games and has just started to play well