The Liverpool Thread

Parky

I like that this thread exists.

Everyone will have differing opinions on this season... But the lovely part is simply

That there is a now a common shared belief amongst us.

Reminds me of something we all experienced not that long ago when Stevie G tumbled over that errantly long blade of grass.

Life is just so much damn better when this feeling emerges from watching Liverpool fail again.

• 2 weeks later...

Their team is awful, rubbish strike force unless Sturridge isn't injured (which is once a season), about 4 inconsistent creative no 10s a reasonably solid but nothing special midfield and a lightweight defence. Klopp needs to offload a lot of it and sign a new spine before they can consider challenging for top 4

How much did they spend on that Firmino kid again? 30 million? For someone who makes next to no impact in half a season? Yikes.

no point writing him off after 6 months though, all foreign signings should be given at least a season before proper judgement's are made

How much did they spend on that Firmino kid again? 30 million? For someone who makes next to no impact in half a season? Yikes.

no point writing him off after 6 months though, all foreign signings should be given at least a season before proper judgement's are made

I see where you are coming from but I disagree when you're paying that much. I've absolutely not written him off yet but when you sign a winger/forward for 30 odd million you're going to want to see more than one goal in 23 appearances for a club like Liverpool.

I have to take a goal innit? Midds will adjudicate.

Not yet.

You've forced 3 corners in quick succession and the keeper is looking ropey though :thup:

Are these Newcastle corners or normal team corners?

Parky corners. They're a bit different.

Might be a bit cynical here but is this the year that the compensation cheques start arriving on Merseyside doormats?

Sounds about right tbh, probably more to do with the fact that there was finally a ruling in favour of the victims and it wasn't brushed under the carpet again. So there's closure to the whole ordeal, I suppose the money helps and if you want to be cynical I'd imagine some were in it for that alone.