The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Carroll will have to go regardless of his good recent form and in his place we should bring in the best striker we can find - not some attempt at copying Newcastle and finding an obscure "bargain" in the Norwegian 3rd division but a proper £25m+ striker who can score goals. Would be worth every last penny

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=292592.360

:yao:

They say that as if our method failed :lol: our two 'obscure bargains' have scored 27 league goals.

It's not a 'dead rubber', it's a home league game against inferior opposition when we're in real danger of finishing below Everton.

They're missing something here, I'm sure of it.

In contrast to Everton, the Liverpool camp will be on a high. Obviously they have an FA Cup final to look forward to, and there will be competition for places too because all their players will want to play in that final.

Andy Carroll looks like he has run into a bit of form, which is good and Daniel Agger and Glen Johnson are both back from injury which is another boost.

I thought Luis Suarez was their outstanding player in the semi-final against Everton, and if he finishes the season in that form then they are going to win two or three of their remaining league games.

Liverpool want to finish their league season strongly, and they want to finish above Everton and I think their luck has changed a bit of late.

That started in the last hour of their draw with Aston Villa, when they created loads of chances, and carried on in their wins over Blackburn and the Toffees too, when they rode their luck a bit and won.

It makes a difference to players when you feel you are getting the bounce of the ball like that.

West Brom boss Roy Hodgson is back at Anfield again, of course, and he will no doubt want to show the Liverpool fans what a good job he has done at West Brom. But I cannot see anything other than a comfortable win for Liverpool.

Prediction: 2-0

"I just don't buy the 'poor' finishing thing. It has to be luck, theres no other explanation for the woodwork hits - we don't go a single game without hitting the woodwork and I honestly cannot think of a single occasion where the ball has hit the post or bar and actually gone in, thats gotta be bad luck."

Some sort of mass delusion is the only explanation, how can a group of people be so fucking deluded.

Carroll will have to go regardless of his good recent form and in his place we should bring in the best striker we can find - not some attempt at copying Newcastle and finding an obscure "bargain" in the Norwegian 3rd division but a proper £25m+ striker who can score goals. Would be worth every last penny

They say that as if our method failed :lol: our two 'obscure bargains' have scored 27 league goals.

Also, I'm getting fed up of this attitude people have. It wasn't luck. It was a dedicated scouting regime.

Even then, anyone who didn't notice a guy who scored 30+ goals in the Bundesliga last season is quite simply a heaving mong.

As for Ba, scored 7 in 12 in our own f***ing league before we signed him. We may have had some luck with his injury, he may be better than expected but it certainly wasn't a random stab in the dark.

Guest bimpy474

In contrast to Everton, the Liverpool camp will be on a high. Obviously they have an FA Cup final to look forward to, and there will be competition for places too because all their players will want to play in that final.

Andy Carroll looks like he has run into a bit of form, which is good and Daniel Agger and Glen Johnson are both back from injury which is another boost.

I thought Luis Suarez was their outstanding player in the semi-final against Everton, and if he finishes the season in that form then they are going to win two or three of their remaining league games.

Liverpool want to finish their league season strongly, and they want to finish above Everton and I think their luck has changed a bit of late.

That started in the last hour of their draw with Aston Villa, when they created loads of chances, and carried on in their wins over Blackburn and the Toffees too, when they rode their luck a bit and won.

It makes a difference to players when you feel you are getting the bounce of the ball like that.

West Brom boss Roy Hodgson is back at Anfield again, of course, and he will no doubt want to show the Liverpool fans what a good job he has done at West Brom. But I cannot see anything other than a comfortable win for Liverpool.

Prediction: 2-0

Hahahahahhahahaha what a tit.

Guest bimpy474

Also, I'm getting fed up of this attitude people have. It wasn't luck. It was a dedicated scouting regime.

Even then, anyone who didn't notice a guy who scored 30+ goals in the Bundesliga last season is quite simply a heaving mong.

As for Ba, scored 7 in 12 in our own f***ing league before we signed him. We may have had some luck with his injury, he may be better than expected but it certainly wasn't a random stab in the dark.

Too fucking right, it isn't down to luck, the only thing that can be considered remotely lucky is that the players have settled well to our league and its pace.

And thats isn't that lucky, Graham Carr picks out a player that he sees as one who will settle in our football as well as having the ability and skill too.

Fucking lucky my arse.

Isn't that where they went wrong this season? :lol: They bought Carroll, we bought Ba/Cisse.

Isn't that where they went wrong this season? :lol: They bought Carroll, we bought Ba/Cisse.

Plus the fact they are implying they should go for a player due to the simple fact he is £25m+ :lol: They are laughably thick, boils my blood.

You're right though. That is exactly where they went wrong and they are suggesting they do it again :lol: :lol:

When you think that we paid 20mil for Stewart Downing and Manchester City paid 24mil for Yaya Toure, you have to question the transfer policy.

:lol:

When you're questioning your own transfer policy on the back of another teams famously wild transfer policy you've definitely got problems :lol:

There's no way in hell that Cisse or Ba will make the same mistake that Carroll did.

IF either of those two were to leave, there would be bigger and better clubs than Liverpool in for them. Liverpool is a wasteland for footballers these days, a deluded shadow of it's former self.

When you think that we paid 20mil for Stewart Downing and Manchester City paid 24mil for Yaya Toure, you have to question the transfer policy.

When you're questioning your own transfer policy on the back of another teams famously wild transfer policy you've definitely got problems :lol:

:lol: Amazing that that's the best example they could think of.  How about that Ben Arfa, Tiote, Cabaye and Jonas cost less than Downing?

:lol: Amazing that that's the best example they could think of.  How about that Ben Arfa, Tiote, Cabaye and Jonas cost less than Downing?

Our entire first team and bench from yesterday cost less than Downing and Carroll (if my calculations are accurate).

Didn't i read that our side that beat West Brom 3-1 cost less than that of Andy Carroll. Thats a damning indictment of their situation.

I'm not even suggesting they run with a budget like ours but there is at least a canny medium.

:lol: Amazing.  They definitely need to spunk £25m on one player, quickly.

Don't believe the bullshit that this can be solved by one £25m, they need one £35m player that will get them out of this. Anything less and it just won't be enough.  :lol:

wonder if he's itk about that, he'll have to be more specific as the norwegian 3rd division has about 10 sections to iirc.

the excuses...

EVERYTHING this club has had to deal with since around Rafa's last year has been incredible...

Hicks and Gillett ownership

Appointment of Purslow

Firing of Rafa

Hiring of Roy

Getting rid of some key players whilst buying dinosaurs (Insua for Konchesky, etc.)

New ownership

Debt having to be paid off

Expectations of Kenny

Torres deciding to leave

Suarez v. Evra incident

and the list goes on...

my heart bleeds for them, given the easy ride we've had in recent years