The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Liverpool managing director Ian Ayre has admitted Luis Suarez's racist abuse and biting incidents have damaged the Premier League club's brand.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8942403/

It was their reaction to it that damaged the club. They could easily have hung him out to try and looked good, instead they tried to justify and excuse him at all costs.

I said these guys would challenge for the title, and they will.

Best strike partnership in the league. Simples.

The potential of that 3-5-2 when Coutinho comes in for Moses, playing behind Sturridge and Suarez? Not to mention Glen Johnson replacing Henderson at right wing back?

It's unfortunate that Liverpool will be so good. Best to start getting used to the idea now though.

The potential of that 3-5-2 when Coutinho comes in for Moses, playing behind Sturridge and Suarez? Not to mention Glen Johnson replacing Henderson at right wing back?

It's unfortunate that Liverpool will be so good. Best to start getting used to the idea now though.

They won't.

Is there honestly people out there who don't support Liverpool that believe the Suarez/Sturridge pairing are better than RVP/Rooney.

The latter isn't really a strike pairing though, is it?

RVP is better than Sturridge in the 'finisher role', if we're forced to do comparisons, but Suarez will create a lot more than Rooney will going forward IMO. If I didn't loathe Suarez, I'd rather have the Liverpool pairing tbh.

Is there honestly people out there who don't support Liverpool that believe the Suarez/Sturridge pairing are better than RVP/Rooney.

The latter isn't really a strike pairing though, is it?

RVP is better than Sturridge in the 'finisher role', if we're forced to do comparisons, but Suarez will create a lot more than Rooney will going forward IMO. If I didn't loathe Suarez, I'd rather have the Liverpool pairing tbh.

I reckon they'd flourish more with Blobfish though, Moyes doesn't seem to have a working creative philosophy that doesn't involve Fellaini elbowing all and sundry.

Rooney must create and scores around 25+ a season tbf. I think Rooney/RVP is the better partnership, Sturridge/Suarez obviously has a lot of potential but I would be surprised if their partnership gets the 60+ goals RVP/Rooney will likely create or score.

:lol:

It's like the ramblings of a Liverpool fan.

I get it. They've had a good start to the season - certainly better than usual. Combined with other teams struggling, they're naturally getting carried away and you seem to be getting carried away with them.

They'll challenge the top 4, I'll certainly give them that - which is what they should be aiming for anyway.

Rooney must create and scores around 25+ a season tbf. I think Rooney/RVP is the better partnership, Sturridge/Suarez obviously has a lot of potential but I would be surprised if their partnership gets the 60+ goals RVP/Rooney will likely create or score.

Rooney offers a lot, don't get me wrong, and works for the team more but Suarez is the more creative for me.

i think kaka's got a point based on evidence so far; manyoo, citeh & chelski don't look like they're going to get it together anytime soon...arsenal & spurs look likely at the moment but both have previous of falling to bits as the season goes on

lievrpool will probably strengthen in january...see no reason why they can't be there or thereabouts near the season end

Think it's a bit early to that with the Manc teams and even this version of Chelsea. I'm sure at least 2 of them will get it together and finish in the top 4 but all 3? I don't know. Not being in Europe is a huge advantage and they've only got the FA cup to go for.

Even if one misses out i'd back Spurs every time over Liverpool.

Nothing against them, they are clearly very good but they are rank outsiders in this conversation.

Think it's a bit early to that with the Manc teams and even this version of Chelsea. I'm sure at least 2 of them will get it together and finish in the top 4 but all 3? I don't know. Not being in Europe is a huge advantage and they've only got the FA cup to go for.

Even if one misses out i'd back Spurs every time over Liverpool.

Nothing against them, they are clearly very good but they are rank outsiders in this conversation.

Rank outsiders for top 4? Nah. They'll be involved in the discussion down to the last few games imo. If they can get Suarez/Sturridge fit for most of the season they'll be up there.

Think they'll challenge for 70 points.

They won't even finish top 4.

They have started well , but there's 5 better teams than them, in the end only Arsenal will stay the pace when the Mancs and Chelsea pick up steam and they will.

I'm with you on this one. Chelsea, Spurs, City and Arsenal are the top 4 for me.