Are you looking forward to the new season?

Guest BooBoo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

Has someone seriously just said that the shirt design has taken the excitement from the close season? 

No i said the CLUB via their efforts during the close season(listing two of their bigger mistakes in this time) has SOMEWHAT taken some excitement away from what is normally a time of looking forward to seeing how we will line up.

We have know for some time we were going up, people were looking forward to seeing who we would sign, what our strips would be etc, the CLUB spoilt some of that excitement via their actions. Lets not let what i said get in your way though eh? :rolleyes:

I was for an short time, then came the "announcement" from the club and the "no capital outlay" for players.  Realised there would be very little money to spend but to

say there would be nothing put a serious dampener on my new season "optimism"

Never thought we would be pulling up any trees this season, but without a few key improvements we will struggle badly I think.

All I am hoping for this season 17th place and avoiding getting a kicking from the scum  :no:

Lets hope Hughton and the scouting network (if we have one of any note yet) can unearth someone "special" on a free/very little money and avoid have to sell a few of

the existing (wafer thin) squad

Thats basically my opinion. Anything more than 17th and avoiding defeat against the mackems will be a success in my eyes next season.

Guest neesy111

No absolutely dreading it, with this whole no capital outlay thing i can see nothing other than a swift return to the championship...we finished 12 and 32 points clear of west brom and blackpool last season, not a cat in hells chance of that happening this...it makes me angry and baffled that a guy with ashleys resources wont pump in 20 million to safeguard the clubs premier league status because thats all it will take to finish above the likes of wigan,wolves and Bolton....once the season kicks off im convinced we will have the 2nd/3rd worst squad in the league and can see us struggling to score goals big time which equals relegation come the end....cant see us getting more than 30 points

no ADDITIONAL capital outlay, amazing can people can mis-read things

Guest icemanblue

Looking forward to being in a league not rammed with shite definately. Guess if we got off to a good start and had some decent signings to look forward to seeing when they return to training on Monday i would have picked yes but both are non starters sadly.

The club via statements and shirt designs have took the excitement out of the close season somewhat but will be looking forward to just actually being at a game again after what seems like 6 months. Not looking forward to the season as a whole though.

:lol:

Im looking forward to being back in the big time, but I cant see past Man Utd at the moment and made me vote no. Starting the season quite possibly getting pissed on by the glory hunters isnt much to look forward to. Really wish we got Wigan at home or something.

Im looking forward to being back in the big time, but I cant see past Man Utd at the moment and made me vote no. Starting the season quite possibly getting pissed on by the glory hunters isnt much to look forward to. Really wish we got Wigan at home or something.

I'd prefer we lost the first game of the season to Man Utd, rather than Wigan tbh

Guest Roger Kint

The club via statements and shirt designs have took the excitement out of the close season somewhat but will be looking forward to just actually being at a game again after what seems like 6 months. Not looking forward to the season as a whole though.

:lol:

So after winning the league very convincingly there wasnt a bit of your excitement(no matter how large or small) for next season reduced due to what the club has done since then? I dont have you down as a complete moron so i can only assume you failed to actually read what i said. Maybe you should read the last few pages of the puma thread to see far worse posted without your wonderful contribution added to it...

I was for an short time, then came the "announcement" from the club and the "no capital outlay" for players.  Realised there would be very little money to spend but to

say there would be nothing put a serious dampener on my new season "optimism"

Never thought we would be pulling up any trees this season, but without a few key improvements we will struggle badly I think.

All I am hoping for this season 17th place and avoiding getting a kicking from the scum  :no:

Lets hope Hughton and the scouting network (if we have one of any note yet) can unearth someone "special" on a free/very little money and avoid have to sell a few of

the existing (wafer thin) squad

Thats basically my opinion. Anything more than 17th and avoiding defeat against the mackems will be a success in my eyes next season.

Here here! Exactly what i thought to myself today.

Well it'll be more enjoyable than our last relegation battle, the teams scrapping at the bottom either have players who have the talent but not the attitude, can't really be arsed and don't want to be there, or the players who maybe aren't as gifted but are glad to be playing premier league football and to be at the club.  Even if the net result is the same or similar, it's easier to get behind the latter and I'd rather be fighting relegation with likable players than a bunch of dicks.

Has someone seriously just said that the shirt design has taken the excitement from the close season? 

No i said the CLUB via their efforts during the close season(listing two of their bigger mistakes in this time) has SOMEWHAT taken some excitement away from what is normally a time of looking forward to seeing how we will line up.

We have know for some time we were going up, people were looking forward to seeing who we would sign, what our strips would be etc, the CLUB spoilt some of that excitement via their actions. Lets not let what i said get in your way though eh? :rolleyes:

The very idea that the look of a strip can have any influence on how excited or otherwise i am about  a forthcoming football season is an anathema to me.  You suggested that the this was the case.  I think this is silly.  Get over it.

Well it'll be more enjoyable than our last relegation battle, the teams scrapping at the bottom either have players who have the talent but not the attitude, can't really be arsed and don't want to be there, or the players who maybe aren't as gifted but are glad to be playing premier league football and to be at the club.  Even if the net result is the same or similar, it's easier to get behind the latter and I'd rather be fighting relegation with likable players than a bunch of dicks.

Truth.

At the end of the day, we're in the Premiership. We're scrabbling around at the top table again... so let's enjoy as much as we can.

Guest East Belfast Mags

personally i cant wait to see some live footy, yes its going to be a long hard struggle at times but hopefully we will be ok.