New Club Captain

David28
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kevin Nolan. We joke about his weight but he has a big voice in the dressing room and lots of Premiership experience. His goals were a big factor in promotion and I feel like he can be relied upon to at least try his hardest every match. Potentially a good leader, inspires others.

:thup:

I have no idea really.

The one with real quality and passion is Enrique imo but I am not sure he is captain material.

I know this will sound daft and most will probably disagree but if he makes the step up and performs well I think Williamson could be a decent option.

If it wasn't just the drop in division and Colo has managed to settle I wouldn't mind him.

Kevin Nolan. We joke about his weight but he has a big voice in the dressing room and lots of Premiership experience. His goals were a big factor in promotion and I feel like he can be relied upon to at least try his hardest every match. Potentially a good leader, inspires others.

:thup:

Yep. I think he'll get 8 league goals this season against the likes of Wolves, WBA, Blackpool, etc if we play him off the front man.

Without personal experience or knowledge of the team's personal dynamic, it's impossible for us to say who the best captain would be. Based strictly on sentimentality, I'd like it to be Jose Enrique, but Hughton will really know best who the right man is.

Did you see him last time we were in the Premiership? He was utterly pathetic, he just hid all of the time.

why not harper? ticks all the boxes surely

He's at the very back. We can't have a captain who stands on our goal line. We need a runner, a communicator, someone who can bark instructions at the other players. We need a midfielder/attacker as they are always in the play.

He's at the very back. We can't have a captain who stands on our goal line. We need a runner, a communicator, someone who can bark instructions at the other players. We need a midfielder/attacker as they are always in the play.

CLUB captain no?  club captain and actual captain aren't the same thing

Rules out Steven Taylor then.

aye, when shearer was england captain adams kept his gob shut and let shearer organise stuff.

Nolan please.

So glad to see CH didn't even mention Taylor.

:lol:

Could have something to do with the fact that Taylor wasn't one of our captains last season (If we all forget those 3 minutes against Reading at home after Smith, Nolan and Barton all were subbed)