James Perch

BeloEmre

Own up.

Wiki:

"On 5th July 2010 Perch signed for the toon, and left manager Chris Hughton with 22p and a packet of monster munch to spend on transfers"

Has to be the pickled onion as well otheriwse its a waste.

Own up.

Wiki:

"On 5th July 2010 Perch signed for the toon, and left manager Chris Hughton with 22p and a packet of monster munch to spend on transfers"

Has to be the pickled onion as well otheriwse its a waste.

Flaming hot.

from Twitter

.@SunSteveBrenner @Scottwilsonecho probably sums why Colin Calderwood's nickname among #NFFC fans was 'Clueless.'

6 minutes ago via UberTwitter in reply to SunSteveBrenner

.Astonished #NUFC think James Perch will cut it in Prem. Nice lad but, trust me, he was #NFFC whipping boy. Poor even in Lg 1.

9 minutes ago via UberTwitter .

Guest firetotheworks

I'll reserve judgement until I see him properly, but I'm very pleased that we've signed a player in the position that for me is jusssst about priority number one ahead of a striker.

from Twitter

.@SunSteveBrenner @Scottwilsonecho probably sums why Colin Calderwood's nickname among #NFFC fans was 'Clueless.'

6 minutes ago via UberTwitter in reply to SunSteveBrenner

.Astonished #NUFC think James Perch will cut it in Prem. Nice lad but, trust me, he was #NFFC whipping boy. Poor even in Lg 1.

9 minutes ago via UberTwitter .

zzzZZZzzzzzzzZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZ

Nice... another signing 'under the radar'.

So does this go down as 'capital outlay'?

Eh?

press had nothing on it this time only the itk on the forest board (who is actually itk)

anyway decent signing and useful squad player

Nice... another signing 'under the radar'.

So does this go down as 'capital outlay'?

Eh?

press had nothing on it this time only the itk on the forest board (who is actually itk)

anyway decent signing and useful squad player

We tried to sign him in January like.

I'll reserve judgement until I see him properly, but I'm very pleased that we've signed a player in the position that for me is jusssst about priority number one ahead of a striker.

This - Perch looked good when he played at SJP but I would need to see him in several games before passing judgment - looked better than Simpson though and may benefit from the change of club after his years at Forest. If he cost less than 1.5m, it is worth the gambke.

also i think the press might be otherwise engaged at the moment with things like: WC semi finals, maradona being a radge, ronaldo's new bairn, rooney being shit, england being shit, man city spending the economy of a small country on new players, vuvuzelas etc...

that kind of shit, James Perch probably wasn't high on their list of investigative priorities

Own up.

Wiki:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

nice, so if he can play right back then surely he'll cover for simpson and possibly other positions over time as he seems versatile.

Rather this than some foreign superstar like Luque.

Young players could be the way to go!

I wouldn't say he's that young tbh.

compared to signings we did last time in the PL, his age is the way to go. Hopefully his footballing skills also :)

Guest johnson293

So in January, Forest reject our bid, and their fans are happy to keep a player they rate.

Now, Forest accept a new bid from us, he's on his way, and the fans start claiming he's rubbish, and only played one decent game, ironically against us?

:rolleyes:

Personally, I'll reserve judgement until I see him play for us.

I can't help it i just seem to think of him as a waste of 1million  :-[

I think we just have to really look hard at the positives, them being its only a million, he covers nearly all defensive positions, he's 24, English, has captained Forest, had a good game against us, low wages, good lad off the pitch and Hughton has wanted him for a while.

Saying that it was this kind of self convincing I had to do with Leona Best, and it didn't take long to see I was kidding myself. Fingers crossed this is more Routledge/Williamson.

Guest Splodgely

For those dismissing the reaction of Forest fans, look just how large a majority, across just how many forums are gleeful over this. Usually, if the player is good, there is some sort of divide, but over Perch, joy is pretty much ubiquitous.

I've defended Perch in the past, and would not have minded keeping hold of him here simply because he's adequate short term Championship cover in a few positions. I believe I said as much on here in January when you guys were linked. However, when given his chance in the first team, at right back as well, he proved a liability. He was at fault, in some way, for every single goal we conceded against Blackpool in the play-offs. It might be slightly harsh to judge him on the second leg, when he was at left back, but much of the faults there cannot be put down to being on the wrong side, just on plain piss poor positioning, which is essential from any defender. I think this is a Calderwood signing and not a Hughton one. Calderwood always played Perch in midfield too, although did say towards the end of his tenure that he wants to try him at right back - I never got to find out if that was just to appease the fans though.

I hope he does well with you guys as he has a great attitude, thoroughly nice guy and didn't deserve being the scapegoat he was at times. However, I simply don't believe he's anywhere near Premiership standard. He has his champagne moments, usually on tv (which could be good for you guys considering how often you're on!), but come to the gritty every week games, and his lack of natural talent comes to the fore. Fantastic tackler, but seems to lack composure, skill, control, and often positioning. Good luck to him, but for a Premiership side, not the most inspiring of signings.

For those dismissing the reaction of Forest fans, look just how large a majority, across just how many forums are gleeful over this. Usually, if the player is good, there is some sort of divide, but over Perch, joy is pretty much ubiquitous.

I've defended Perch in the past, and would not have minded keeping hold of him here simply because he's adequate short term Championship cover in a few positions. I believe I said as much on here in January when you guys were linked. However, when given his chance in the first team, at right back as well, he proved a liability. He was at fault, in some way, for every single goal we conceded against Blackpool in the play-offs. It might be slightly harsh to judge him on the second leg, when he was at left back, but much of the faults there cannot be put down to being on the wrong side, just on plain piss poor positioning, which is essential from any defender.

I hope he does well with you guys as he has a great attitude, thoroughly nice guy and didn't deserve being the scapegoat he was at times. However, I simply don't believe he's anywhere near Premiership standard. He has his champagne moments, usually on tv (which could be good for you guys considering how often you're on!), but come to the gritty every week games, and his lack of natural talent comes to the fore. Fantastic tackler, but seems to lack composure, skill, control, and often positioning. Good luck to him, but for a Premiership side, not the most inspiring of signings.

that's alright, i don't think there's a single toon fan on the planet that was expecting one

Its great to see we're being pro-active and actually making signings early/before most teams- something we've rarely done in the past. Plus, Perch is a versatile player, which is something of value to a thin squad.

Tbh though fellas, I wouldn't pay much attention to those Forest fans. They are some of the most bitter cunts I have ever come across as fans and seem to have a serious chip on the old shoulder when it comes to NUFC; the majority of them despise us so its no wonder their trying to play down Perch's ability.

I admit, I haven't seen much of Perch but he seemed alright whenever I did and had a very solid game against us. But I'll give him a fair chance to prove himself. Besides, he cant be any worse than Andy fucking O'Brien or JLS!  :lol:

Poor signing. He's simply not good enough tbh. The reaction from the Forest fans say it all,surely 1 of them would be disappointed. This reaction is from the fans of a team full of Championship fodder, look at his competition at full back at forest; Chambers, Bennett and Gunter yet they're happy no delighted to see him go.

No better than Ryan Taylor or Danny Simpson. He's a jack of all trades versatility player in the championship for a team like Forest and will serve no use what so ever in the premier league. Getting bodies in the championship is a fair excuse but not in the PL, these bodies need to have a bit of quality.

Of course I'm willing to give him a chance but fuck me I'm not expecting anything.