James Perch

BeloEmre

Perch was an absolute rock in defence today. Williamson was great too mind but Perchy just edged it. Definitely a MOTM performance - such great tackling, great anticipation and was just fantastic today. Got to say, I did have reservations about him playing CB but he did so well there today - if he performs like he did today in future games then wouldn't mind him playing there when need be.

Disappointing reaction for the Reina sending off mind (it was just like the Barton-Gervinho, Tiote-Sessegnon situations so the same arguments will crop up).

Dunno why people are giving him a hard time for going down...put it this way, if Perch had held his ground when Reina went in with his head, and instead of falling down, had went in with his head back...would Reina have went down? Fucking rights he would.

That's irrelevant, two wrongs don't make a right.

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but...

What exactly was Perch's card for?  Was it for "tripping" Reina or his acting performance? My first impression was that the trip wasn't deliberate. Anyway, a yellow card for acting is justified.

As for Reina, that's a straight red every day of the week. Don't see where they (Liverpool fans) have a complaint. Perch and Reina were both carded.  Do they seriously think Perch should have received two yellows? Or that his acting warranted a red, when Carroll had already seen yellow for diving?

BTW He was very good today.

Don't want to look like a sanctimonious prick.. well, that's a lie, I do, but I've said for weeks I want him at CB and got scoffed at.

Hope he stays in the team when Colo comes back.

I probably scoffed at you too, admittedly it's because I don't think Williamson is that bad but I hold my hands up.

Perch has been very good in numerous positions this season, really thought today would be the test of him and again I will hold my hands up and say I didn't think he would cope but am over the moon to be wrong.

Much like Tiote in the derby, against anyone else I'd have been disappointed, instead I was delighted. Fuck them. They'd have tried to fuck us over just the same... oh yes, they did try in fact and the ref booked the prick, as he booked Perch. 1-1.

Apart from that, I thought him and Williamson were both magnificent.

“I love the way the fans call him Perchinio and I hope our fans keep that going. I enjoyed that. All power to Perchinio as far as I’m concerned.”

:lol: Mint.

Although I'd never criticise him publicly and certainly never inside SJP, like many I harboured doubts about him.

I have the upmost admiration for anyone who has the balls to get through a rough patch when confidence is low and the crowd are against you.

He has now performed excellently at CM, LB and CD but more importantly has shown great strength of character. Well done Perchy !

Pardew

“I love the way the fans call him Perchinio and I hope our fans keep that going. I enjoyed that. All power to Perchinio as far as I’m concerned.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/04/02/alan-pardew-coloccini-facing-a-fight-for-his-place-72703-30673365/#ixzz1qsYfvxFd

:lol:

"We've got Perchinho, we've got Perchinho"

Singing Perch's name in the Gallowgate, who'd have thunk it

Aye, was surprised that Willo was given MOTM - had a decent game but thought Perch was absolutely solid yesterday.

Having said that, Tiote's presence in midfield was huge too.

Quite an amazing turnaround for Perch. Was outstanding yesterday and has played well recently wherever he's been asked to play. Gets another go v Swansea as well.

Different player to the one who forst arrived at SJP.

All credit to him.