James Perch

BeloEmre

He looked pretty poor in pre-season and last week.. but then again it is only pre-season and one game against Man Utd. He seems like an athletic player with some pace which is what we require from the back and through the middle.

Really, promising player Perch. Completely shut down Downing today. I actually don't remember Downing doing a single thing. He's a fantastic athlete. He was selective on his forrays forward, but in the instances he did go forward he definitely looked decent.

I have to say the comments towards him after his debut at Old Trafford were so hugely dissapointing. It was almost personal the abuse on that thread. Crazy thing was he didn't even play badly on the whole, especially as he was up against Nani and Evra all game. Beyond a shadow of a doubt he is an upgrade on Simpson and Raylor.

Guest Splodgely

He wasn't too shabby in parts against Manu either, today though all outfield players were class. Good confidence boost for him stepping up, wonder what the forest fans think so far?

Delighted for him that he's done well tbh. I'm sure there'll be some resentful fans, as is always the case when an ex-player plays well at another club, but myself and most others hope he'll make it. Hopefully a run of games will see him build some confidence, which is essential for Perch.

Pleased for the lad, took too much stick on here, for a player whose only started one game for the club before today. Excellent today along with the rest of the backline who recovered very well after a dodgy start.

I thought he looked out of his depth at full back in pre-season, but thats probably because i saw him play left back. Looked very comfortable in that back four today and should never have been booked. Shocking decision by the ref.

Not sure anyone wrote him off as such. People just said he was shit based on what they had seen. Well, that's what I said at least. He was very good today, though.

The criticism of him after Man Utd was way over the top, but that's the nature of the game I suppose.

The jury is out, but he was neat and tidy against Villa. He also got forward a little bit, which is hopefully a sign that his confidence is building.

The criticism of him after Man Utd was way over the top, but that's the nature of the game I suppose.

The jury is out, but he was neat and tidy against Villa. He also got forward a little bit, which is hopefully a sign that his confidence is building.

i didnt think he was too bad in the second half of the Man Utd game, seemed to settle a bit. First half was a different story but it didnt concern me too much.

I think he will improve to be a decent enough PL player, just like Routledge will. However, I dont see these types of players doing the business week in, week out against the likes of the Chelseas, Arsenals, Man Utds but more against teams that we will consistently attack with pace down both flanks, like Villa yesterday. The pace of Routledge, Jonas, Perch and Enrique is going to be a crucial factor in gaining results against the Boltons, Blackburns and Wolves of the league.

I think he will improve to be a decent enough PL player, just like Routledge will. However, I dont see these types of players doing the business week in, week out against the likes of the Chelseas, Arsenals, Man Utds but more against teams that we will consistently attack with pace down both flanks, like Villa yesterday. The pace of Routledge, Jonas, Perch and Enrique is going to be a crucial factor in gaining results against the Boltons, Blackburns and Wolves of the league.

You're probably right, but we're in no position to be getting results against the Man Utds anyway, that's for some unspecified time in the future.

Guest firetotheworks

Still too early to say. I'll give him a chance to iron it out. He's a good footballer already, but his defending has been shoddy.

Fwiw, I still think he's been better than Simpson, who cannot defend at all.

Could go ether way, had some good and bad moments so far. He was never going to be a brilliant player, we can only hope he makes the grade as an average prem player and if so he's done well.

I thought pre season he was awful, vs Man Ure he was shocking, vs Villa he looked much improved at the weekend at Wolves he looked okay apart from that silly dive in that he got away with.

H ewon't be our 1st choice RB but because we have Simpson there is now ay we will by another RB. Seen as Danny is fit her will be back in at RB.

Still too early to say. I'll give him a chance to iron it out. He's a good footballer already, but his defending has been shoddy.

Fwiw, I still think he's been better than Simpson, who cannot defend at all.

Including pre-season, how many times has he been chasing the ball at pace shoulder to shoulder with a player and ended up bringing them down? That aspect of his game makes him a complete liability alone.