James Perch

BeloEmre

Oddly seasonal player, was pretty poor at start of season and looking really solid now, reminds me of last season where he did the same...

Just the sort of player you want for a cold Thursday night in Stoke, or something.

Guest bimpy474

Oddly seasonal player, was pretty poor at start of season and looking really solid now, reminds me of last season where he did the same...

Actually think that's more of a team thing this season than a Perchie thing.

How well did he combine with MYM? Wondering if the lack of Williamson suggests Pardew believes this combination is more suitable.

horses for courses maybe ? had they a reputation for hoying in loads of high balls would willo have got the nod over perch ?

Guest Dontooner

Actually thought Perch was more outstanding for us in the Midfield, i would not mind starting him in the first 11 in some games.

Looking like a better fit in this team than some of our bigger reputation players.

Guest bimpy474

How well did he combine with MYM? Wondering if the lack of Williamson suggests Pardew believes this combination is more suitable.

Very very well imo.

Actually thought Perch was more outstanding for us in the Midfield, i would not mind starting him in the first 11 in some games.

Looking like a better fit in this team than some of our bigger reputation players.

if we have to play a defensive midfielder in that way, he has better form there than tiote this season.

Guest bimpy474

Perch works well in midfield because he knows his limits. Playing that sort of role you just need to keep it really simple which he does.

Which at times is something Tiote could do with observing.

Perch works well in midfield because he knows his limits. Playing that sort of role you just need to keep it really simple which he does.

:thup: When Tiote was immense for us he played like Perch but with a lot more power. At the moment he tries passes without looking and makes pointless over the top tackles.

Believed his own hype a little imo which others have to take some responsibility for. He has it in him to be class, just needs to calm down in most areas of his game and go back to what he does best.

Guest Dontooner

As you said , he seems to understanding his role well and his off the ball movement to support the team is excellent. Better than Anita , Tiote and Cabaye. He might be a more intelligent player than i thought.

Never broken down, never caught in behind either. Very solid partnership today.

Guest bimpy474

:thup: When Tiote was immense for us he played like Perch but with a lot more power. At the moment he tries passes without looking and makes pointless over the top tackles.

Believed his own hype a little imo which others have to take some responsibility for. He has it in him to be class, just needs to calm down in most areas of his game and go back to what he does best.

Yep spot on, i hate the term water carrier/ball winner type but that's exactly what his role should be. Win it and give it to the more creative players. And as you say to definitely calm down a bit, especially those daft little trips and kicks when a player has got past him.

Honestly, best defensive performance of the season. Both of them were absolutely tremendous.

The amount of headers won against Traore was ridiculous.

I may be laughed at here but he is the sort of player Fergie loves at Man U as a squad player.

:lol:

Not quite that level but I would sign him up for the rest of his career. The sort of squad player a team needs, not kicking off when not starting but will also have games when people question if he should be starting more often even if he will probably just fall a little short.

Great attitude, decent player, good versatility.