James Perch

BeloEmre

Central midfield:

Cabaye, Tiote, Sissoko, Marveaux, Ainita, Bigirimana. More than enough imo.

Consider how the manager likes to pick his midfield and there are far fewer options.

Flipside, it might actually make the cretin pick a better three, less tackles now.

We'd need to train on that basis though. I'm past caring at this point like, the manager is being shat on but he's useless anyway. :lol:

Guest reefatoon

Hilarious.

Apologies for being flippant, but come on. £3m for a player proven to be just-about-OK and only a year left on his contract?

Getting £3m for Perch would be a deal of Carroll-esque proportions.

As stated I didnt realise he's got a year left. With that in mind £1.5m is a fair enough fee. He's an average prem player, loads of teams should be in at that price. £750k is pointless, especially to a bunch of c***s like Wigan.

Saying that though, it looks like only Wigan and Leicester are interested, which is around his level.

Guest bimpy474

Which will only be a good thing.  At least we are now saved from Pardew ever starting a home game with Tiote and Perch in the middle. God that lineup against Liverpool still makes me shudder.

Yep, scared of the opposition pick that was, that coward tag he picked up look very apt that day.

Hilarious.

Apologies for being flippant, but come on. £3m for a player proven to be just-about-OK and only a year left on his contract?

As stated I didnt realise he's got a year left. With that in mind £1.5m is a fair enough fee. He's an average prem player, loads of teams should be in at that price. £750k is pointless, especially to a bunch of c***s like Wigan.

Saying that though, it looks like only Wigan and Leicester are interested, which is around his level.

I'd imagine a lot of teams didnt think they get him that cheap. He was a better player than Tiote last season, whether you blame the manager for that or not it is still a big loss and for £750k it'll be difficult to replace unless that Belgium is coming.

Guest bimpy474

Central midfield:

Cabaye, Tiote, Sissoko, Marveaux, Ainita, Bigirimana. More than enough imo.

Consider how the manager likes to pick his midfield and there are far fewer options.

Flipside, it might actually make the cretin pick a better three, less tackles now.

We'd need to train on that basis though. I'm past caring at this point like, the manager is being shat on but he's useless anyway. :lol:

Very true, i was saying that more in hope than anything else. The next buy will be interesting, if it's someone Pardew wants i'm going to shudder. If it's to continue along the Anita, Sissoko, Cabaye route, i'm also going to shudder as Pardew is leading them :lol:

Guest reefatoon

Hilarious.

I'd imagine a lot of teams didnt think they get him that cheap. He was a better player than Tiote last season, whether you blame the manager for that or not it is still a big loss and for £750k it'll be difficult to replace unless that Belgium is coming.

But saying he was better than Tiote is not saying much from last season mate.  I would like to think we could put a better midfielder on the pitch than Perch if I am being honest.  For all his hard work and effort, he isn't really a player I like to see in our starting 11.

Guest bimpy474

Hilarious.

Well would the 750k not be his outstanding wages say, as been discussed. Maybe we can't ask for more than that or he can indeed but himself out. Were being realistic and fair as he's not complained about being a squad player.

Guest reefatoon

Players like Perch are not going to complain though, as he will know himself he won't get any higher than playing for us even if it was as a bit part player.

Hilarious.

Well would the 750k not be his outstanding wages say, as been discussed. Maybe we can't ask for more than that or he can indeed but himself out. Were being realistic and fair as he's not complained about being a squad player.

Has to be over 28, and isn't till the window closes therefore that doesn't apply till the winter.

Hilarious.

But saying he was better than Tiote is not saying much from last season mate.  I would like to think we could put a better midfielder on the pitch than Perch if I am being honest.  For all his hard work and effort, he isn't really a player I like to see in our starting 11.

I'd like to think that also, but reality is better players turn to shit and average ones like perch do the business under Pardew.

Guest reefatoon

Hilarious.

I'd like to think that also, but reality is better players turn to s*** and average ones like perch do the business under Pardew.

Sad state of affairs isn't it.

Hilarious.

I'd like to think that also, but reality is better players turn to s*** and average ones like perch do the business under Pardew.

Sad state of affairs isn't it.

Tragic.  :weep:

Guest bimpy474

Hilarious.

Has to be over 28, and isn't till the window closes therefore that doesn't apply till the winter.

Are the rules different here because vainq...r is only 24. I know not how this works.

Hilarious.

Are the rules different here because vainq...r is only 24. I know not how this works.

FIFA rules allow a player over 28-years old to release themselves and become a free agent once entering the final two years of their current deal.

From a article about a transfer, I assume that is still the same.

From march 2013

Peter Odemwingie has revealed he is considering buying himself out of his West Brom contract after the club refused to sell him.

Odemwingie admitted as much in his latest Twitter outburst as the troubled striker continued to slate West Brom over the way they’ve treated him over his failed January switch to QPR.

The 31-year-old was fined £75,000 over the incident and has since had to make do with a place on the bench.

However, Odemwingie is not accepting the role quietly – telling his followers that he could buy out the remaining two years of his contract to escape the Baggies.

‘That’s my wish,’ when asked if he’d like to buy out his contract.

‘I see a free player. A player who buys out his contract soon. Or a retired player. Does he look like he cares much? They made him not to.

‘Glad I respectfully thanked everyone before leaving. All could be simply avoided by clubs statement saying: “it was a miscommunication”.

‘Instead I humbly took the blame on me and promised to comply with club rules. Manager says lets pls move on and forget. Yet I am not playing.

‘My twitter followers pls don’t get board with this. An event after which EPL managers were asked to comment can’t just go away like that. [sic]’

The comments come as West Brom continue to stick to their stance that the player won’t be sold, with a source telling the Press Association that the matter will be dealt with internally.

Odemwingie would be free to buy out his contract under Fifa’s section 17 rule which entails that players over the age of 28 can end their contracts two years after signing for a club by paying a compensation figure determined by their wages and transfer fee.

Guest bimpy474

Good info ;)

Makes the Vainq...r on seem odd him being 24 mind. Maybe that was a club dispute and a mutual thing.

It does seems very pointless. As a 5th choice CB, 2nd choice RB etc how the hell do you replace him for less than £1m?

He's not a 2nd choice RB, 5th choice CB should be given to a youngster.

Disappointing to see him leave and seems pointless with that fee.

Agree with this. We never seem to have adequate depth here and now we are letting it go. That is fine if we get replacements in, my guess is that Vainqueur person that we've been linked with could be a cheap replacement, but I think I'd rather have Perch.

It does seems very pointless. As a 5th choice CB, 2nd choice RB etc how the hell do you replace him for less than £1m?

He's not a 2nd choice RB, 5th choice CB should be given to a youngster.

He's not a total liability at RB. Which youngster? We've seen plenty of shite youngsters come and go at CB, at least Perch can be relied on a bit.