James Perch

BeloEmre

Smacks of Aaron Hughes - when he was on his way for a pittance, plenty people said "no great loss" - three years down the line we'd been through a succession of comical defensive signings for huge money and seen us play domestically and in big European games with a back four including Huntington, Edgar and Ramage, meanwhile he was racking up appearances as the captain of a mid-table team.

Perch is good enough for us simply by virtue of how many games he's played over the last twelve months.

I like Perchus, this is a sad one. But we have Anita as his replacement and seems like vainquer might be on his way.

Gosling, shola and Williamson should be far ahead of him in the exit line. If we get rid of the lot I will be happy, bemused if not.

Bemused if not seems like Aaron hughes all over again. Let's hope we actually get a replacement.

Smacks of Aaron Hughes - when he was on his way, plenty people said "no great loss" - three years down the line we'd been through a succession of comical defensive signings for huge money and seen us play domestically and in big European games with a back four including Huntington, Edgar and Ramage, meanwhile he was racking up appearances as the captain of a mid-table team.

Perch is good enough for us simply by virtue of how many games he's played over the last twelve months.

As ever the voice of sense and reason. :clap:

He's a decent squad player. Versatile and dependable. Daft to shift him for such a low fee.

Guest bimpy474

You can buy out your contract after 3 years if you signed it before 28. Two years if you sign it after 28.

Ah, cheers LRD ;)

I've never really rated the guy, seems an odd move though.

Unless we're going to add significant numbers to the squad this summer then surely you keep him around as a utility man?

You can buy out your contract after 3 years if you signed it before 28. Two years if you sign it after 28.

Ah, cheers LRD ;)

That winkie makes me uncomfortable for some reason. Being past midnight, I hope it doesn't appear in my sleep.

He's not spectacular but he's very useful - if we get a rake of injuries again this season players of Perch's ilk are ideal. I thought he was one of very few to come out of last season with any credit.

Guest bimpy474

Ah, cheers LRD ;)

That winkie makes me uncomfortable for some reason. Being past midnight, I hope it doesn't appear in my sleep.

:lol: your mind works in weird ways mate.

Ah, cheers LRD ;)

:lol: your mind works in weird ways mate.

I BLAME ALAN PARDEW.

Terrible decision by whoever this, a man who if needed can adequately cover a number of positions on supposed low wages? I agree with Wullie, Ronaldo and Dave here. Ridiculous, even financially, to sell a player with his uses. Yes you wouldn't want him starting regularly but will come in and do a job when asked.

A good professional and squad member. We may end up regretting this.

Home-grown players requiring registration:

Krul

Williamson - down pecking order, Cardiff move mooted

Perch - on the way out

Gosling - unwanted; possibly out on loan

Raylor - out for season

Elliot

Ameobi - please leave

Saylor

Ferguson - out on loan?

Unless we place much faith in our youngsters turning good, there is a strong case to bring in some English players.

Nothing like the Hughes situation. Perch is a terrible right-back and should be 5th/6th choice at best in midfield. Problem with Hughes was we didn't replace him properly but Perch should not be starting games ahead of Tiote, Cabaye, Sissoko & Anita in midfield. Also pushes Bigirimana further up the pecking order. He's done a good job but don't see him being a loss.

I don't see any point in selling him, he's cheap as fuck, happy to sit on the bench, will cover a couple of positions and will fetch practically fuck all. Injuries crippled us last season, Perch is exactly the sort of player you want on your bench if you're not willing to spend good money on the squad.

Nothing like the Hughes situation. Perch is a terrible right-back and should be 5th/6th choice at best in midfield. Problem with Hughes was we didn't replace him properly but Perch should not be starting games ahead of Tiote, Cabaye, Sissoko & Anita in midfield. Also pushes Bigirimana further up the pecking order. He's done a good job but don't see him being a loss.

Couldn't disagree more about him. I think as a central defensive midfielder he's not too bad an option. Not 1st or 2nsd choice no, but a good cover option. As a CH he again is good for 3rd/4th cover imo. RB well he isn't any great shakes ok, but as a last gasp option the lad gives us cover in 3 positions. On a small wage, with no trouble or dramas (fairly rare for young British players)

Anita: Isnt a DM. imo.

Tiote shouldn't be starting full stop. He's a liability.

Cabaye. well he wont be starting: cos he's off.

We are light in cover. Seems an odd decision.