James Perch

BeloEmre

Guest neesy111

Bigi, Anita and Sissoko should all be in a midfield 3 ahead of perch.  That is plenty enough cover considering with our cup record we'll be playing less than 45 competitive games next season.

Bigi looks like he can do what Perch does at DM. Time fo rhim to get some games as a back up.

Perch is quite poor at CB and RB, so we really dont need to be using him in these positions.

We've got 4 centre backs now anyway, and at right back we have Santon, Yanga-Mbiwa and Anita who can play there.

Forgot about Yanga-Mbiwa at fullback looked very good in few times he played on both sides too, another reason not to be concerned with fullback depth.

Well stocked in pretty much all positions Perch can play in.

Sissoko's arrival coincided with Bigi playing less often. The next stage of Bigi's development is to get even more playing time, so I guess sacrificing Perch aids that. I still think Bigi will be a star.

Guest neesy111

Sissoko's arrival coincided with Bigi playing less often. The next stage of Bigi's development is to get even more playing time, so I guess sacrificing Perch aids that. I still think Bigi will be a star.

100% agree with this.  Bigi is defo the best of the development squad we have.  His performances v Man Utd and Arsenal at Xmas were one of the highlights of the season for me.

I wonder if the club see Bigi as being Cabaye's long term replacement as a deep lying playmaker (agree his passing is more important part of his game than his tackling), not sure he's ready yet mind, next season will be crucial, play too much may ruin confidence / club's faith in him, play too little he'll disappear.

I would much rather keep him on than let him go, no doubt about that in my mind. He's proven in the last couple of seasons that he's capable of filling in anywhere in defence and midfield and I really don't want to lose that. Sure, he's not the player you want starting week in, week out but if we do want a decent sized squad then utility players are the one of the last set of players you want getting rid of really.

Vanqueirs agent has had a mare. Player told him "buy me out of my contract then find me a club, I'm off on holidays and wanted it sorted before i get back." Agent lived up to his end.

As per the perch stink it is only a problem fo people down to two things..

- looks like he is being shifted out before the likes of shola, willow and gosling who have contributed far less.

- we have a bad past history of shipping out players and not replacing them correctly until after the damage to the squad has Been done.

If we shift the other three aformementioned players out people will be happier and find it easier to understand, however it depends on the bigger picture, are we making signings of superior quality to replace them or are we relying on newton, vuckic and Richardson to come through? The latter making the squad far weaker IMO.

He is also a great pro. Nobody here can want Perch to be starting for us although there are many that would love to see him improve to merit it.. Reality says that isn't happening. It's silly season and the scare mongers and panic button pressers are out in force exacerbating the situation. That's summer for you.. Would be nice to say I felt assured that put hierarchy has a plan and knows what they are doing and not penny pinching to get by at minimum cost.

it would be easy and safe to keep perch around. But if we want to progress then it would be good to replace him.

He can do a job when needed but it won´t bring us forward. We have good alternatives in all the positions where he can play.

Williamson has not contributed less than Perch.

:thup:

Neither has Shola, scored shitloads of important goals

I am talking about this season. Perch has been far more useful IMO.  Goes without saying shola has scored some very important goals for us, just as Williamson was pivotal in our return to the premiership. Neither are good enough for what we need now and going forward. The versatility of perch alone makes him more useful IMO.

Versatility should mean nothing when we have at least 4 players in every position he plays in which are better.

All he is doing by staying is taking minutes which should be going to more deserving players.

As said before really not concerned about this, we have more than enough depth in defence( even if you disagree one of the priorities seems to be a CB) and midfield.

My concern is lack of width, creativity and goals, none of which Perch provides.

Guest neesy111

Versatility should mean nothing when we have at least 4 players in every position he plays in which are better.

All he is doing by staying is taking minutes which should be going to more deserving players.

As said before really not concerned about this, we have more than enough depth in defence( even if you disagree one of the priorities seems to be a CB) and midfield.

My concern is lack of width, creativity and goals, none of which Perch provides.

:thup:

Totally agree. I don't have any problem losing perch as long as our squad is stronger, preferably in the areas you mention, come the end of august! Anita is basically a replacement for versatility anyway.

I was simply pointing out why some people are upset, I'm not. I just want to see gosling and shola out aswell perch was at the back of thr list in terms of needing to get rid.

Really? If Williamson goes we're a Stevie Taylor injury away from having only 2 established centre backs at the club.

Really? If Williamson goes we're a Stevie Taylor injury away from having only 2 established centre backs at the club.

If Williamson goes someone will be brought in, i'm not convinced of many things but i'm convinced of that.