Dan Gosling

Dave

Didn't even have one standout performance in the shirt. Obertan by comparison at least made an impression in a couple of matches.

At least we know what Obertan does, I'm still none the wiser as to what Gosling actually offers. He needs to move on for his sake, can't see him doing anything at all here.

Still think he'll be a player. He always seems to get chances when he's on the pitch.

tend to agree with this, the few times he has appeared he has gotten into some superb positions.

shame for him and the club but hey these things happened a low risk gamble that didn't pay off thats football

Still think he'll be a player. He always seems to get chances when he's on the pitch.

I don't know how anyone's seen enough of him to think that he "always" does anything. The guy has barely played for us. About 5 starts in three years (most of which were in the cup against poor teams) and a myriad of 10-20 minutes substitute appearances that probably add up to only 1 or 2 matches. It has just been a waste of time for him and a waste of money for Newcastle United.

I can see him being an 8 goal a season midfielder in a struggling team. Like you say he has the knack of being in the box similar to Nolan. Regular football somewhere and he'll begin to take chances more regularly.

Guest Lalasialex

Shocking signing for him and the club.

At the time he probably wasn't but we've evolved as a club massively since we signed him, well recruitment wise anyway.

Worth a try, but cannot afford to many of these signings who doesn't make it, imo! If we get real youngsters from different academies, then it's OK! But signing talents at 18-20, then more of them should make it...

Guest Lalasialex

Dare I say it,  but the way people have described him, could he have been worth a try in the number 10 position when we were struggling for goals last season?

Even a blind mouse can score a goal once in a while...

But Gosling doesn't seem to be smart enough... His skills alrigt, imo - but position and vision? Nope...

Guest Lalasialex

Promised so much, delivered so little.

Story of 90% of our players TBH

O0

But do hope the january signings will be an asset to the club, Sissoko, Haidara, Debuchy and Mbiwa at least...

And Cabaye, Colo, Santon (is still getting better), Cisse (if he steps up again) and Ben Arfa (when fit) had delivered some... So 20 % make it? 80 % fail?

• 2 weeks later...