Dan Gosling

Dave

I still think he hasn't really had enough games to be judged but unfortunately he has fallen away, especially with Bigi coming in and showing more than Gosling has already.

He's gone backwards as a player though, in particular since the injury. I think your right it's harsh to judge him on the amount of games he has played, but he's probably played more than Bigi and looked worse than him. for me, Gosling always looks like he's about to shit himself when on the ball and passing it on comes with a sigh of relief from him almost as the responsibility is shifted. I agree with the shouts that he's good at ghosting in to advanced positions, but he isn't quick or strong so will come under pressure a lot and buckle.

Probably good thing he's loaned out for a year as well to a lower level so he can find himself again, I can't see him coming back and improving our midfield for a long time if at all.

Guest Phil K

Had VERY high expectations of him. Now, quite simply, I don't.

Its up to him to relight the fire as it were. Now's a great opportunity for him

Gosling plays higher up than Bigi and is the kind of player we've really needed all season, someone to be in the box or on the edge when the ball gets knocked down. Cabaye has done it a few times to great effect.

That huge gap we leave between Ba/Shola and the halfway line is just begging the other team to attack us.