Dan Gosling

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/newcastle-united/gosling-agent-reveals-future-plan-1699659.html#.UuVLXZVFBMs

The agent of Dan Gosling has confirmed that the midfielder would like to leave Newcastle to secure regular first-team football.

The 23-year-old, who signed for the Magpies from Everton in summer 2010, has struggled for first-team football under Alan Pardew and is keen on securing a move away from St James' Park following a three-month loan at Championship side Blackpool earlier this season.

Pardew has already said that he does not want to lose Gosling this month given that he allowed midfielder Jonas Gutierrez to join Norwich City on a temporary deal last week.

But the player's agent, David Hodgson, has revealed that Gosling is not happy being classed as just cover with the Tynesiders and wants to move to a club where he will be a regular.

"In a perfect world, we would find a permanent move," Hodgson said.

"That would suit both parties in terms of Dan knowing where his future is going to be, and Newcastle in terms of some type of renumeration. Both parties would get what they want."

He added: "Alan has had a long chat with Dan. The club has lost a player - Jonas Gutierrez - and he would like to keep Dan at the club.

"But the bottom line is how many games would he play? He played 12 games for Blackpool, all at a very good level.

"I understand where Alan is coming from. He wants to keep some bodies at the club. And Dan's a player he knows won't let him down."

So I see it as: Cabaye goes, Gosling is the replacement.

There are (at least) two players already ahead of Gosling if Cabaye goes.

I agree, Ben Arfa and Marveaux at least.  I meant as a body.

Guest bimpy474

Caj, You know who our manager is right ?

I do :( but I am still confident Anita and Bigi are ahead of Gosling in the pecking order right now.

Guest bimpy474

I do :( but I am still confident Anita and Bigi are ahead of Gosling in the pecking order right now.

Anita is in the team now so i'm not counting him. I think Pardew would play Gosling ahead of Hatem in the position where Cabaye is playing. He is that mental with his team selections at times and Bigi is injured right now so that narrows down the options even more.

Gosling has been out on loan and still made more appearances than Bigiramana when he replaced Anita v Leeds.  :lol:

Get rid of this hapless lad, he's done absolutely fuck all since joining us. Sick of this mediocre attitude, GET SOME GOOD, HUNGRY PLAYERS IN! this lad just seems content to mope about collecting his wages and watch his career slip away

Bigi is 10x the player Dan is in my opinion, it's just a shame no-one will buy this guy.. he'll have to perform miracles to change my mind at this point, though watch him warm that bench to the max.

What's that based on? The moment we finally gave him a loan he jumped at the chance and played most games for Blackpool.

I agree. There's no reason to fault Gosling's attitude. He's tried his best and he's taken the opportunity to perform well at Blackpool.

It looks like his injuries have robbed him of that bit of pace that's needed at the very top level.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind another look at Gosling, see if he's improved with getting playing time. Unlike our other CMs, he really attacks the box.

Get rid of this hapless lad, he's done absolutely f*** all since joining us. Sick of this mediocre attitude, GET SOME GOOD, HUNGRY PLAYERS IN! this lad just seems content to mope about collecting his wages and watch his career slip away

Bigi is 10x the player Dan is in my opinion, it's just a shame no-one will buy this guy.. he'll have to perform miracles to change my mind at this point, though watch him warm that bench to the max.

What's that based on? The moment we finally gave him a loan he jumped at the chance and played most games for Blackpool.

I agree. There's no reason to fault Gosling's attitude. He's tried his best and he's taken the opportunity to perform well at Blackpool.

It looks like his injuries have robbed him of that bit of pace that's needed at the very top level.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind another look at Gosling, see if he's improved with getting playing time. Unlike our other CMs, he really attacks the box.

I don't think he's anything special but I agree with this. Pointless giving him cameos and rare starts when he's been on the bench for ages. The time to do that is now, having had significant minutes in a relatively competitive league.

Gosling has been out on loan and still made more appearances than Bigiramana when he replaced Anita v Leeds.  :lol:

We were probably trying to put Gosling in the shop window while we still had the chance, hence his loan. I am confident Bigi is ahead of him as far as the club are concerned though.