Dan Gosling

Dave

Funniest page ever this.

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/viewtopic.php?p=557389&sid=6fcb9d8db7e032d7addde6a1ba42ad48

They all start off  saying what a great signing he'd be if he was to come to Bolton, until someone says that Alan Nixon has posted he's coming to us... then they all start to tot up savings on wages whilst he's injured and make slurs about the Geordie Nation and stuff. :lol:

I bet they're pissed off that a club that has just been promoted is potentially going to beat them to his signature. :lol:

FWIW:

Newcastle United have Hi-jacked Dan Gosling deal,can only think he signs for them now.Was at Bolton this morning now at Newcastle.     about 2 hours ago  via web 

He spoke with Newcastle & W ham on Friday but did not like what he heard,talked to Bolton yesterday,But Newcastle have improved offer     about 2 hours ago  via web

Just to comfirm Dan Gosling now at Newcastle,after they improved their offer to him.     about 2 hours ago  via web 

I have pictures of him being at Bolton yesterday in talks,then came the Hi-jack from Newcastle.     about 2 hours ago  via web

He was at Bolton,But Newcastle came in for the player,Thats the cutthroat nature of the transfer market for you.     about 2 hours ago  via web

Yep Newcastle offered the most so it certainly looks that way.     about 1 hour ago  via web

He was at Bolton today,Newcastle hi-jacked the deal just after midday.It's how the market works happens all the time.     about 1 hour ago  via web

Hi-jack? Weren't we the first team linked with him.

This guy hasn't got a clue tbh.

Some more stuff from further back:

Dan Gosling having medical at Bolton.    about 8 hours ago  via web 

Hearing Dan Gosling wants to talk with Newcastle again before taking 24 hours to decide on future.    about 4 hours ago  via web

Guest malandro

if it does happen (and its looking promising) it shows our guys in charge are paying attention for good opportunities which is an encouraging sign

It shows they are looking for players that are going cheap.

Damned if they do, damned if they dont, tbh.

No, its the truth.

We've got nowt to spend on players. Deal with it, you'll save yourself a summer of heartache.

I am dealing with it. It those who are getting a stiffy at signing an unproven player for nowt that need a reality check.

Who's that then?

Well you if youre impressed with our transfer business so far. In football you get what you pay for or less. Genuine bargains are a rarity and the odds are against being able to sign a PL standard defender and PL standard midfielder for peanuts.

Its too early to judge either player but theres no denying they were cheap.

I said I was 'pretty impressed so far'. In that I didn't expect us to sign anybody of note, let alone a replacement for Simpson and a £5m-rated English midfielder. Don't give a f*** how we've actually got him (if we've got him!) - it's irrelevant. In face if the club gets him for naff all like they did with Jonas then that's even better.

Yes they were cheap, but that's because we have f*** all to spend. What exactly is the argument here?

If we have f*** all to spend bringing in an unproven kid with an injury that will keep him out for about half the season might not be the best use of limited funds?

The injury is a worry, but the club clearly believe he's worth the risk. And what will be spending anyway?

From your earlier posts in the thread it appears you'd be happier if we'd got the player but paid £5m for him. Yes, 99% of the time a player's price tag reflects their ability (to some degree at least, and we should know better than others that it's easy to be ripped off), but this is the 1% of the time where there's an opportunity to get a player for f*** all in exceptional circumstances.

May I ask what your own expectations were this summer, and what kind of money you expected Ashley to sanction for new players?

Im excepting us to sign a few players for a very small amount of money to buff out the squad, and then flog one or two of our saleable assets in the run up to deadline day.

Who are?

Taylor + one from Carrol/Colo/Jonas.

By the sounds of it he was ready to sign for Bolton but we went back with a better offer than our first (and theirs). Money grabber? :shifty:

By the sounds of it he was ready to sign for Bolton but we went back with a better offer than our first (and theirs). Money grabber? :shifty:

Just sounds like that prick from the Blackburn forums covering his arse and every option possible to me. Hope I'm wrong and he is ours, but internet ITK bullshit does my head in and I generally disbelieve the whole whack, especially those with an audience to please.

Just sounds like that prick from the Blackburn forums covering his arse and every option possible to me. Hope I'm wrong and he is ours, but internet ITK bullshit does my head in and I generally disbelieve the whole whack, especially those with an audience to please.

Well everyone was saying he was off to Bolton then this guy said he was coming here. Now everyone's saying he's coming here. Either they're all talking bollocks and copying off each other or he's got a pretty good source IMO.

Know what you mean though.

if it does happen (and its looking promising) it shows our guys in charge are paying attention for good opportunities which is an encouraging sign

It shows they are looking for players that are going cheap.

Damned if they do, damned if they dont, tbh.

No, it’s the truth.

We've got nowt to spend on players. Deal with it, you'll save yourself a summer of heartache.

I am dealing with it. It those who are getting a stiffy at signing an unproven player for nowt that need a reality check.

Who's that then?

Well you if you’re impressed with our transfer business so far. In football you get what you pay for or less. Genuine bargains are a rarity and the odds are against being able to sign a PL standard defender and PL standard midfielder for peanuts.

It’s too early to judge either player but there’s no denying they were cheap.

I said I was 'pretty impressed so far'. In that I didn't expect us to sign anybody of note, let alone a replacement for Simpson and a £5m-rated English midfielder. Don't give a f*** how we've actually got him (if we've got him!) - it's irrelevant. In face if the club gets him for naff all like they did with Jonas then that's even better.

Yes they were cheap, but that's because we have f*** all to spend. What exactly is the argument here?

If we have f*** all to spend bringing in an unproven kid with an injury that will keep him out for about half the season might not be the best use of limited funds?

The injury is a worry, but the club clearly believe he's worth the risk. And what will be spending anyway?

From your earlier posts in the thread it appears you'd be happier if we'd got the player but paid £5m for him. Yes, 99% of the time a player's price tag reflects their ability (to some degree at least, and we should know better than others that it's easy to be ripped off), but this is the 1% of the time where there's an opportunity to get a player for f*** all in exceptional circumstances.

May I ask what your own expectations were this summer, and what kind of money you expected Ashley to sanction for new players?

I’m excepting us to sign a few players for a very small amount of money to buff out the squad, and then flog one or two of our saleable assets in the run up to deadline day.

Who are?

Taylor + one from Carrol/Colo/Jonas.

Please tell me you are being sarcastic

Well everyone was saying he was off to Bolton then this guy said he was coming here. Now everyone's saying he's coming here. Either they're all talking bollocks and copying off each other or he's got a pretty good source IMO.

Know what you mean though.

It would be a fantastic signing, something has to go wrong.

Also Everton making this kind of mistake is unreal, surely it should be the other way round and Andy Carroll heading to the Toffees on a freebie.  :idiot2:

Guest VegasToon

I would be very happy if true. 

2 signings.  Young, English and didn't cost us a fortune.  I am very happy so far with the transfer market. 

What chance have Everton got if they appeal? Surely none? They fucked up by not putting it in writing...

I've no idea, I doubt any one does simply down to the fact its never happened in this manner before.

I do think we will end up paying for him, even if his contract is up it will still go to a tribunal as Everton won't be in any mood to negotiate a fee. Anything up to £3m and we still got a good deal imo.

If Gosling has signed, his value to the side will, as ever, be determined by what happens on the pitch next season.

On the face of it, he seems to possess decent skills, but the Everton fans seem to think he lacks pace, and this is a problem right through the current Newcastle side.

As with Perch, I will make no judgments until I see him play several times, but the fact that he is young, reputedly talented and English all count in his favour - as does the lack of a big fee. I hope the lad does well for us.

It's all Gris to the Mill and now we need  a decent forward......WITH pace.

Guest firetotheworks

We could do with the opinion of Niel here. I have no idea what he's like. From the outset, on the few clips I've seen he seems like Guthrie.

If we're in the shit by Christmas, I expect he'll automatically become 2005 Steven Gerrard in our minds.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

4 year deal reportedly on £25k - hmm. Not sure how that's going to sit with the likes of Guthrie, Vuckic and Donaldson who are all on lower wages. Hopefully no egos/wallets clash and everything works out for us, but then we are The Toon.