Dan Gosling

Dave

I would like to see smith or Barton go now. Xisco or Best leaving for a better forward is what we need, and Guzman.

Smith or Barton? f***ing hell. :lol:

About as much chance of getting rid of either tbf.

Guest dazzanufc1892

im not too concerned about the everton fans opinion of him. how often does a player leave a club and the fans say how good he was, or could be, a good player always becomes shit when he goes to a team you dont like.

good signing, solid, fearless, and has potential. He wont walk out to sjp with the memories of what it was like when we went down, and fear them, like other players may. Fresh head, fresh legs and enthusiasm, can only be of an advantage. Dare i say, 5 players like that 2 years ago, and that may well have kept us up when we needed that little extra energy and fight, e.g. pompy (h)

Barton will be our Steven Gerard next season, he's class.

I think we gonna be one of the most physical sides next season, want us to mash up some of them pansies, i hope.

I would like to see smith or Barton go now. Xisco or Best leaving for a better forward is what we need, and Guzman.

Difference is though that Barton can, if fit, do a job in the Premier League. Playing with Smith is like playing with ten players.

Guest malandro

People following the check list again:

1) Didn't cost any money

2) Didn't feature in the World Cup

3) Isn't a household name

4) We didn't beat Manchester United and Chelsea to the signing

= he's s***.

Alternatively.

1) He’s young

2) He’s out injured until December

3) He cost nothing

= good signing.

Well you if you’re impressed with our transfer business so far. In football you get what you pay for or less. Genuine bargains are a rarity and the odds are against being able to sign a PL standard defender and PL standard midfielder for peanuts.

It’s too early to judge either player but there’s no denying they were cheap.

He's only going cheap because Everton fucked up their contract offer, otherwise it would have taken a good few million to sign him.  As it is we've (if true its true.. I don't want to jinx it) nearly doubled what Everton were offering him and probably promised him a much bigger role here then he was getting their.  IF this happens we've signed two players before the middle of July. which is promising.  Being negative about it is quite pathetic IMO.

Difference is though that Barton can, if fit, do a job in the Premier League. Playing with Smith is like playing with ten players.

Yep.

In a way I'm suprised if we do get him. Surely his appearances will be limited here too. I'm pretty sure we will be getting another central midfielder, he won't get in ahead of barton, nolan, smith or guthrie as much as he/we might like him too.

I am liking the way we are starting to form a youthfull squad full of potential, we just need the experience to keep us in the premiership whilst they are maturing.

Does make you wonder why more clubs werent interested btw

Honestly man, what does it matter?

I prefer to judge signings based on their ability rather than the amount of interest they stir from other clubs - just because we didn't have to scuffle with Everton to get him doesn't mean that he's automatically s***.

I said he'd be a good signing. Its still questionable, other clubs interest is based on their opinions of his ability obviously.

It sounds like we'll have a good player if he keeps on improving, im just unsure we could do that to the same standard Everton could. If only the likes of Bolton, Westham & Sunderland were realistically interested...you have to wonder how much he'll be able to improve our first team at this point. He might be good cover, sounds like he wanted starts though.

In a way I'm suprised if we do get him. Surely his appearances will be limited here too. I'm pretty sure we will be getting another central midfielder, he won't get in ahead of barton, nolan, smith or guthrie as much as he/we might like him too.

I am liking the way we are starting to form a youthfull squad full of potential, we just need the experience to keep us in the premiership whilst they are maturing.

Why on earth not?

Yep.

I wasn't saying they were of equal ability, and I doubt Stifler was either.

I don't see how he isn't a good signing, at the very worst we would get a lot more than any wages paid if we sold him in the summer. You just seem to be moaning for the sake of it malandro.

Yep.

He said he wanted rid of one of them, which implies to me that they're fairly equally worthless. They're clearly not.

Here you go gaylords, here's for all the Football Gay Manager fans.

I didn't relalise there was a Football Gay Manager game.

The transfer market must be pretty sparse in that, with everyone trying to buy the corpse of Justin Fashanu, and possibly Darren Ambrose.  I'm not saying he is gay, but just the best player available due to the poor finances of his club.

Yep.

He said he wanted rid of one of them, which implies to me that they're fairly equally worthless. They're clearly not.

Equally difficult to get rid of is how I read it. Never mind. ;)

Guest malandro

if it does happen (and its looking promising) it shows our guys in charge are paying attention for good opportunities which is an encouraging sign

It shows they are looking for players that are going cheap.

Damned if they do, damned if they dont, tbh.

No, it’s the truth.

We've got nowt to spend on players. Deal with it, you'll save yourself a summer of heartache.

I am dealing with it. It those who are getting a stiffy at signing an unproven player for nowt that need a reality check.

Who's that then?

Well you if you’re impressed with our transfer business so far. In football you get what you pay for or less. Genuine bargains are a rarity and the odds are against being able to sign a PL standard defender and PL standard midfielder for peanuts.

It’s too early to judge either player but there’s no denying they were cheap.

I said I was 'pretty impressed so far'. In that I didn't expect us to sign anybody of note, let alone a replacement for Simpson and a £5m-rated English midfielder. Don't give a f*** how we've actually got him (if we've got him!) - it's irrelevant. In face if the club gets him for naff all like they did with Jonas then that's even better.

Yes they were cheap, but that's because we have f*** all to spend. What exactly is the argument here?

If we have fuck all to spend bringing in an unproven kid with an injury that will keep him out for about half the season might not be the best use of limited funds?

Barton will be our Steven Gerard next season, he's class.

I think we gonna be one of the most physical sides next season, want us to mash up some of them pansies, i hope.

Look what happened to Holland against Spain today.