Dan Gosling

Dave

Would be dissapointed if we have to pay compensation, best thing about this deal is the fact it's for nowt and risk free.

i'd look at the positive side and the fact we are willing to spend cash if needs be to get our man

Yeah, but the fact is this is more of a future investment due to his age and injury status, hence why picking him up for nowt was alright. However if it is to take up a chunk of whatever money we have I'd rather see that go on players to keep us up now.

Would be dissapointed if we have to pay compensation, best thing about this deal is the fact it's for nowt and risk free.

if rumour are true and he'll be on over 1million per year and is currently out injured with a long term injury i'd hardly call it risk free.

if rumour are true and he'll be on over 1million per year and is currently out injured with a long term injury i'd hardly call it risk free.

True, but it's less of a risk than potentially paying 3-4 million for him - which in our current position I think would be a bit of a waste.

True, but it's less of a risk than potentially paying 3-4 million for him - which in our current position I think would be a bit of a waste.

aye less of a risk but the way some go on you'd think a free transfer didn't get paid wages (and in many cases higher wages because there is no transfer fee involved)

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Everton fan in the office simply said "He's shit. he isnt quick and cant beat a man".

Why's he having a go at Guthrie?  :angry:

Everton fan in the office simply said "He's shit. he isnt quick and cant beat a man".

Tell him that Gosling and U-turned and signed for 5 years at Goodison then ask him again.

Tell him that Gosling and U-turned and signed for 5 years at Goodison then ask him again.

Then he still wouldn't be able to beat a man.

Average, basically. More regular football though can only be a good thing for him so from a footballing perspective it's a good move for him and in that sense I wish him the best of luck.

On one hand you can laugh about the pretty incompetent nature from the club of relying on "his word" to sign the contract, but on the other many a fan will be pretty pissed off with someone who gave every indication he would be committed to signing it, and turning his back so readily on the club who gave him his break at a high level and gave so much time and effort to help with this serious injury. Stinks of agent persuasion.

Guest neesy111

Average, basically. More regular football though can only be a good thing for him so from a footballing perspective it's a good move for him and in that sense I wish him the best of luck.

On one hand you can laugh about the pretty incompetent nature from the club of relying on "his word" to sign the contract, but on the other many a fan will be pretty pissed off with someone who gave every indication he would be committed to signing it, and turning his back so readily on the club who gave him his break at a high level and gave so much time and effort to help with this serious injury. Stinks of agent persuasion.

clubs fault no doubt, why would he trust the club again when they haven't give him a contract when they said he would!

i do understand your annoyance at him but i would be worried more about the fact they didn't offer a contract before the deadline which imo is a rather large blunder on any clubs part

clubs fault no doubt, why would he trust the club again when they haven't give him a contract when they said he would!

It is primarily the club's fault indeed, you can't conduct business based on verbal contracts. But as I say, he'll leave with a bad taste in peoples' mouths.

A youngster that broke into a very good Everton side, that they wanted to keep and seems like a hald decent prospect will do for us on a free. Evertons standards and version of average might be very different to ours.

A youngster that broke into a very good Everton side, that they wanted to keep and seems like a hald decent prospect will do for us on a free. Evertons standards and version of average might be very different to ours.

:thup:

We're not really in a position to turn our noses up at a player Everton fans deem 'average' tbh. They're significantly better than we are, and he got a game.

Let's be frank, nobody who's top class or even approaching it is going to be signing for us for the foreseeable future, for a multitude of reasons.

Guest neesy111

We're not really in a position to turn our noses up at a player Everton fans deem 'average' tbh. They're significantly better than we are, and he got a game.

Let's be frank, nobody who's top class or even approaching it is going to be signing for us for the foreseeable future, for a multitude of reasons.

i think we need to use everton's template for us getting back to where we believe we should be.

they bought quite a few players that we're the best of the championship (i.e. cahill, lescott) and have been massive successes in different ways

i think we need to use everton's template for us getting back to where we believe we should be.

they bought quite a few players that we're the best of the championship (i.e. cahill, lescott) and have been massive successes in different ways

Wahey!

Unfortunately Dave you are right,our best chance of some day being able to be at a level where we were is signing players like this and bringing players through our academy.

From an Everton supporting mate:

"He's look promising since day one, bit of a shitter we've lost him really, thought he was going to make a big impact in the side this season. He's a hard worker and will keep running for 90 minutes, I thought that is what Moyes liked about him most. He's versatile too, when he was in the reserves he played right-back, right-midfield and in the centre. You've got a player on your hands here."

Guest neesy111

Unfortunately Dave you are right,our best chance of some day being able to be at a level where we were is signing players like this and bringing players through our academy.

all the best clubs do this, they have a team of youngsters through their academy's and players bought, more players bought through academy's = more money to spend on those 2-3 quality players needed!

why the hell has it take this club 8-10 years to realise this?